any info, thoughts appreciated on this project.

anyone bought there, looked?

prices seem to be in the 90k per sq meter range, give or take.

i looked at the showflats, seem decent. nice to be on river.

but i'm worried about the distance a little, not for myself so much as i think i could handle the small commute, but in, say, in 5 years if i decide to move upcountry, will it be difficult to rent or resell based on location/distance?

Its nice to be on the river, but not that section. It overlooks a lot of industrial properties. This is why they still have units for sale here despite it being on the market for well over a year now. Although the plus side maybe that you can squeeze them on the price a bit.

I bought a unit there last year (1 bedroom).

At the time of purchase, I had visited all major developments in Bangkok.

I think Rama III is a pretty good location, actually quite close to the CBD area and with easy access to the express way. It lacks a BTS Station at the moment and there are a number of industrial developments along the river as mentionned by quiksilva. But I believe both issues can be resolved in the future (am I being naive??).

Many Thai friends tell me that Rama III will probably get good attention in the future (for developments) thanks to its location.

I purchased a unit there because of:

- the high quality of the furnitures (definitely much better than most condos I visited at the time and definitely in par with the top-end developments)

- the extensive facilities

- the river-bridge view (my unit is facing the temple, looking towards the river. I think it's in the C tower if I recall).

- Fraser and Neave. Singapore based business group. I have been a tenant of one of their serviced apartment in Langsuan and was pleased by the profesionnalism

- Future development. There was strong talk about a Phase II development that would include the construction of some retail place and/or hotel. The current political climate may have delayed their plan but I think it will come to light sooner or later and may bring value to the project (especially if some retail outlet is built)

- the reasonable price.

This is mostly a purchase for investment too as I may have left Thailand by April 2009 (the expected completion date).

Of course, I am also worried about how easy/difficult it will be to find a tenant in this part of the city. I guess not everybody wants to live in the Sukhumvit/Ploenchit/Sathorn area and that a reasonable rental fee together with quality surroundings will appeal.

Wait and see I guess....

Edited by Gaijin

I bought a unit there last year (1 bedroom).

At the time of purchase, I had visited all major developments in Bangkok.

I think Rama III is a pretty good location, actually quite close to the CBD area and with easy access to the express way. It lacks a BTS Station at the moment and there are a number of industrial developments along the river as mentionned by quiksilva. But I believe both issues can be resolved in the future (am I being naive??).

This is mostly a purchase for investment too as I may have left Thailand by April 2009 (the expected completion date).

Of course, I am also worried about how easy/difficult it will be to find a tenant in this part of the city. I guess not everybody wants to live in the Sukhumvit/Ploenchit/Sathorn area and that a reasonable rental fee together with quality surroundings will appeal.

Wait and see I guess....

I think both of the issues you mentioned will take a very long time to resolve (i.e. more than 10 years), but you will at least have the Bangkok Rapid Transit system in the not too distant future (a fancy bus).

The traffic here is not too bad and it has good access to expressways, but if you don't drive it can seem a long way from the CBD. Yes even though its not THAT far, it can have that perception, especially if you happen to work in Sathorn and you get stuck on Narathiwas first thing in the morning.

You will need to offer competitive rents to attract people to this location but the good news is that 1 beds can lease out quite well here.