Unlock Lg Phone From Usa At Mbk

jimmym40

I tried using an unlocking service for this phone (LG L1150) from the USA and they could not come up with an unlock code.

I live in CM and not one phone center knew what I was talking about trying to get this phone unlocked.

I've read in TV that people have their Nokia phones unlocked at MBK. What I would like to know, do the shops in MBK really know or have the capability to unlock all types of phone?

Thanks.

Do you know if you have the GSM850/1800/1900 model? I suspect so, from AT&T. That might be throwing off the un-lockers. I assume there is GSM1800 service (DTAC?) available in CM. Do you get a signal, using the AT&T SIM? Have you tried installing a local SIM?

I am pretty sure that AT&T is required to unlock the phone for you upon request, and potentially for a fee. Maybe contact them. Also check the Howard Forums (LG and AT&T) for more leads. It looks like the phone can be un-locked as there are un-locked versions available on eBay.

What I would like to know, do the shops in MBK really know or have the capability to unlock all types of phone?

Thanks.

Don't know if it helps, but I just had a Motorola Sliver unlocked at MBK, worked fine, the wife used it for the holiday and then gave it away.

Done this with other types of phone as well.

Moss

The unlock probably involves flashing the firmware of the phone. The trouble is, LG don't normally provide firmware online, unlike with Nokia and Sony, both of which I could easily manage by myself.

Almost surely you will end up having to take the phone to the LG service center. You might try looking for an i-Mobile shop, though, as they are authorized distributors for LG.

Edited by onethailand