Anyone Vacating A Nice House Soonish?

lotus eater

I'm thinking of moving back to Chiang Mai in the early autumn. (By then I’ll have tried Chiang Rai for about a year, and my lease here will be expiring. I like Chiang Rai but miss the facilities/amenities of Chiang Rai.) I'm posting now in case someone is vacating a suitable house - or knows of one that will be otherwize on the market - in the coming mnonths. Ideally I want to take the house in August/September.

Some requirements are

- at least 3 bedrooms - with these and rooms large and bright

- if the house is in a mooban (it needn’t be) the houses musn’t be close together

- it must be within 15 minutes drive (in off peak hours) from town or in town

- utilities/services must be functioning well and in good condition

- wood floors

- if any fittings (curtains/lights/fans/etc) or furniture aren't to my taste the landlord should agree to remove them

- as much greenery/trees around as possible – ubiquitous concrete with a few newly planted plants wouldn’t suit me

It wiould be nice if the house

- had an interesting design

- was new or nearly new

My budget is flexible – an acceptable rent depends on the suitablity of the house

The house can be unfurnished,or furnished or partly furnished

I expect to stay in it for 2 yrs or more

I will be in Chiang Mai pretty much every month – to look at houses and for other reasons. Given the time in hand and this ability to visit I’m hoping to fix on something suitable in advance.

I’d be grateful for any info, leads, suggestions etc – other than a citing of the better known agents.

i have a house for you but its about 20 minutes drive to town. in san kampheng.i'll pm you the add link and see if it suits your taste. i'll even leave the 8 foot pool table for your entertainment. nice nice trees :o 1 rai of land.

edit: seems like the link on TV classifieds is not working. will try again later or tomorrow.

Edited by tigerbeer

I have a similar need for a house in July or August. Looking in the area east of the canal and north of CMU.

I’d also be grateful for any info, leads, suggestions etc – other than a citing of the better known agents.

I know of a couple of houses available on long rental contracts (5 years or so) that would seem to fit your requirements perfectly. Rental for the cheapest is 120K per month. Please PM me if that is within your budget.

I think 120k per month it will be a large and nice villa, I want to give some info. a house to rent, 15-20 minuites to central Kad Suan Kaew shopping center, 5 minuites to center of Maerim and main road (No.107, Chiangmai-Fhang and 1096), 3 bedrooms (4mx4m each), 2 toilets (bahtup, 2 showers, 100 liters boiler heating water), western kitchen (gas & electric stove, oven,..), dining room, living room, 2 terrace (10mx2.5m), balcony 80 m long around the house, 1.5 storey, water reserved tank, automatic pumps, big filter, don't need to pay water bill (only electric) because it is onderground water system (52m deepth), furnished (35,000 baht/ month), unfurnished is cheaper , but the price is flexible depend on contact short or long term. , more infor please mail me

And also you can look in website of many agencies in Chiangmai, only search in google for example.

The houses are both very large, "Ambassadorial" style residences with large mature gardens, pools, tennis courts etc. They come with security, servants, cooks and gardeners included in the rental.

The owners are being posted overseas and are looking for diplomatic or Blue Chip tenants, not individuals.

The houses are both very large, "Ambassadorial" style residences with large mature gardens, pools, tennis courts etc. They come with security, servants, cooks and gardeners included in the rental.

The owners are being posted overseas and are looking for diplomatic or Blue Chip tenants, not individuals.

Alas this rent is far beyond my budget; and facilities like swimming pools/tennis courts and a contingent of servants beyond my needs.

(Would many diplomatic staff in Chiang Mai consulates - embassies being in Bkk- would have such a high rent allowance?)

Edited by lotus eater

for 120k

I would jolly well book 3 hotel room and stay in the center of the city with all the prime

if i rent by month i think 800 -1000 per day is no problem

let say 1000 ,

1000 x 30days x 3 room still less then 90k .

that would not be a wise way to do it ..

discard the high end and off the scale rental rate ,

i would say chiangmai

would be a 10k - 45k scale for the type of house you looking for .

my house is 1692 SQM about 18212 sqf

large two story house with a huge garden i used to hire garden hand there charge me 2,000 baht each month .

we have our own watchman - about 5k per month .

you can jollly well join the biggest health club in chiangmai + all the memership of all kinda spa if yoour ant for 10k .

my rental is special cos i been here really long but if you hunt i would say 10k-45k depend on luck , and if peopel trying to rip you off cos you are a farang

there is anice house . beside my house - buy my Dog bark alot .. whahhahaha

i ever go house hutning beside the france embassy . and their only going at 15k . quite at night in the center of the city just beside the france embassy . but too bad .. is all taken and mostly long long rental .

if you have the time .. and is serious . right after my marriage i may have some time . to go house hunting for you :o

.if you still hutning for a 120k house - check in chedi hotel of the new hotel - i know the manager i am sure we can work out a deal that please you for 4k a day you can get all the UPs

Edited by Ta22

Lotus, I already sent you some house's pictures, what do you think? In case you would like to see the house, I can send you the map and make appointment with my worker or my neighbor to open house for you. I live in Europe now and the house is not finish yet, I stop to do it because I think I can wait until I find someone who want to rent the house, It will take time about one month to finish house (such as setting balcony with wood will take time about 2-3 weeks, setting wc-bahtup-showers,decorate bahtroom, setting furniture if the renter want house furnished).

I mean I can let my workers do it by telephone from here, mostly I builded this house by telephone and I went there last October only for 5 days then I have to come back to work in Europe.

I will go back to Thailand if necessary such as for sign contract or other important thing, this is the reason why I look for renter first.

Answer Some requirements :

- at least 3 bedrooms - with these and rooms large and bright = there are 3 bedrooms, approx. 16 sqm. each and bright with high windows 1.4mx2m that connect to balcony around the house from every room.

- if the house is in a mooban (it needn’t be) the houses musn’t be close together = It is single private house approx. 1700 sqm. with fence around the land. There are 3 houses closely same owner (one is a couple English renters, another is owner Thai-Swiss and their family).

There is also another single house, the owner is Thai and Enlish, they would like to build another house in the land near her house and let this house to rent (I think it will be also interesting for you because it is a nice house and nice location, mostly they live in abroad, just come every 1-2 months) but now they are not decide yet.

- it must be within 15 minutes drive (in off peak hours) from town or in town = I drived from house to central Kad Suan Keaw less than 20 minuites, I took the way to go to Four Seasons resort (approx. 1.5 km from the house) follow the way to go to Maerim centrum and pass Darapirom temple, 700 year stadium and then Central Kad Suan Keaw.

more answer next post

regards,

cmbe