Help Me Plz

hello i'm going to thailand in a cople off months i plan to stay for 1 year or longer i plan to buy a car there to.

my question is what kinde visa do i need when i want to buy a car or condow.

and some information about those border runs.

i'm only 27 from belgium and i hear thailand don't like people under 50 stay or live in thailand for long time.

plz some information about what are my options to stay longer even i'm not yet 50.

i don't plan to work there i have an income off about 35000 baht a month and some savings on a saving account.

thank you,

Dennis13, at your age and not being married to a Thai neither you income nor your assets qualify you for annual extensions of stay in Thailand.

If an honorary consulate in your country is willing to give you a multiple-entry non-O vis this is your best option, otherwise go for a tourist visa valid for 2 or 3 entries.

From what I have read on this forum, people have been able to buy a condominium and a car after entering on a tourist visa. The residence certificate you need, you can get from your embassy in Thailand for a fee.

--

Maestro

Dennis13, at your age and not being married to a Thai neither you income nor your assets qualify you for annual extensions of stay in Thailand.

If an honorary consulate in your country is willing to give you a multiple-entry non-O vis this is your best option, otherwise go for a tourist visa valid for 2 or 3 entries.

From what I have read on this forum, people have been able to buy a condominium and a car after entering on a tourist visa. The residence certificate you need, you can get from your embassy in Thailand for a fee.

--

Maestro

Good advice Maestro. He does need a Non-Immigrant visa to get a Thai drivers license. I will dump the other reply because it contains to much factual error.

Get the residence letter from Immigration, it's much cheaper than from your Embassy (UK anyway).

Once you've purchased a condo you MAY be able to get an multi entry O visa easily from your home country. (My mate has got a 1 year one in UK showing his condo deeds and he's under 50 and not married).

Condos and cars can be purchased on a tourist visa.

The Belgian embassy will not give anything more than a double entry tourist visa. You can extend your 60 days/entry with 30 days, which will give you a total of 180 days. You could apply for the same visa in Vientanne after that, but it's not sure you'll get it.

The embassy in Hull (UK) is more flexible. Maybe you could buy a boat ticket, cross the sea and visit Hull for a few days. There used to be a direct boat from Zeebrugge (Belgium) to Hull (UK). In Hull they used to give multiple entry non-immigrant-O visas for visiting friends. You probably need to show them an invitation letter with a good explanation from a Thai person. There's no guarantee you'll get the visa.

Up to you to choose. Forget about the multiple entry non-immigrant-O visa in Belgium. You'll not get it.

Edited by kriswillems

Get the residence letter from Immigration, it's much cheaper than from your Embassy (UK anyway).

No harm in asking it from Immigration but from everything I have read here they only give it to people who are on extension of stay and have made at least one 90-day address report to Immigration.

--

Maestro

You can also study Thai and get a non-Ed visa, it is possible to extend this visa in the country so you do not have to make any visa runs. Also learing Thai will greatly improve your comfort of staying in this country as well as understanding of the culture..

Walen School, Mac