Wow Europe In Thailand?

mangostays

Probably can, but the biggest problem will be the lag!

Most traffic to Europe gets routed over the US, meaning the data travels virtually round the world, and more!

Expect ping times of between 600 msec and 1000 msec, whereas US servers normally ping at around the 300 msec mark...

I played WoW for more than 2 years on a french server from Switzerland (5 lvl70 characters and some others). When I'm in Thailand (most of the year) it's very difficult to play du to a high latency between 600-1200ms as Monty said. If you play a caster like a shadow priest, warlock or mage it remains playable but forget the warrior, rogue and other classes.

I think you can play on US servers from here, I've tried last year but the latencies were not much better than on european servers. Now my account is frozen due to these problems and also coz I've far more interesting things to do here than sit in front of the computer and lay WoW. The sun is shining outdoor. :o

PS. I even succeeded to play under wine in GNU/Linux but had low fps rate, should be fixed though.

Edited by hp8000

I had a rogue on a us server 8 months ago. Was alright but sometimes annoying in battlegrounds when the lag screwed me. Especially combos are really hard to pull off like this.

My girl and me played together on a server and we both thought its playable.