Anyone Can Help Me Out?

apocadelic

Well...I'm a junior in one university near Sanam. My teacher would like students to interview foreigners in Thailand as a final project. She'd like to get a unique project. I plan to interview a businessman instead of travellors like everyone does and send to her like a website. I can' find a businessman to interview yet. I went to Sukrumvit and Silom for two weeks. Some said yes if I went dinner with them after that and some asked how much? and B-girls thought that I stole her customers. My point is Is there anyone here can help me on the interview and how to do a website?

Thanks

Well...I'm a junior in one university near Sanam. My teacher would like students to interview foreigners in Thailand as a final project. She'd like to get a unique project. I plan to interview a businessman instead of travellors like everyone does and send to her like a website. I can' find a businessman to interview yet. I went to Sukrumvit and Silom for two weeks. Some said yes if I went dinner with them after that and some asked how much? and B-girls thought that I stole her customers. My point is Is there anyone here can help me on the interview and how to do a website?

Thanks

First off, you're making a HUGE mistake by going to Sukhumvit or Silom to look for farang. Most of the people around there are tourists and/or "low quality" individuals.

You may find a businessman or two walking around down there, but most likely you'll just bump into an endless string of backpackers, vacationers, sex-tourists, and cultural exiles. Don't waste your time.

If you want to find businessmen, why not go hang out around one of the many office parks in Bangkok? There are a few up in Lat Prao (SCB plaza?), and there's Software Park over in Nonthaburi, and a bunch of places down Wireless Road.

Just look for guys in SUITS and ties (if they just have ties on, they're probably English teachers). But if they aren't wearing a suit (it is hot here after all), another good way to tell is by looking at their shoes and bags. Clean, polished shoes and a nice briefcase = businessman. Battered, well-worn shoes and a messenger bag or backpack = teacher.

As for doing websites. The best tutorial site on the web is: http://www.htmlgoodies.com . Go through the seven primers (it'll only take a day or two) and after that, you'll know enough HTML to make your own website.

Another option is to just sign up for a free webhosting service like Yahoo or Geocities and use their online site-building tools to make your website without having to learn HTML.

First off, you're making a HUGE mistake by going to Sukhumvit or Silom to look for farang.  Most of the people around there are tourists and/or "low quality" individuals.

Sorry, but I can't fully agree with that opinion. I often see Western businessmen on Silom when going there in the morning hours.

However, yes it is a good idea to look for 'farangs' in suits as they are probably neither English teachers, nor tourists.

Hmm, I'm a 'farang' businessman who lives and works in Silom. You can spot me every morning walking to my office. I'm not wearing a suit but a t-shirt and shorts. (That's how I avoid being identified as a businessman :o ). I'm happy to help out with your project interview if you need this. Just PM me.

Simon

Just looked up the definition of businessman in the dictionary and it was as I suspected. No mention of suit wearing individual.

I would suggest that such a character walking around town is likely to be of the visiting variety and not local.

If you do wish to interview a visiting foreign businessman then I suggest that you go talk to customer relations at one of the 5 star hotels in town as that is usually where they will stay. I am sure that they would be willing to arrange something for you. Try the Hyatt or the Regent.

However should you be looking to interview a local foreign businessman looking for one in a suit might be a tad more difficult.

I rarely wear a suit for instance unless it is required. Many others do likewise. It will often depend upon the business

pm me should you wish. Happy to help if I can.

good luck