Crackdown On Smoking At Pubs, Enteratinment Venues

george

Now the dust has settled I'm left wondering if us smokers aren't just fools to ourselves for defending an activity that kill us, and am equally perplexed about the motives of some non smokers who reveal themselves as killjoys.

Yeah, now they've left, us smokers can have some banter. :o

Did you know that in the uk now, they have put up many areas ouitside for smokers, with seats and umbrella's. The only problem is, all the seats are taken up with non-smokers accompanying their mate, who has gone outside for a smoke. I kid ye not. Soon, they be moving the DJ's outside to where the action is :D

And it wouldn't surprise me if the the mates aren't still complaining either. :D

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The excuse that a beer and smoke go together is nothing more than a trigger and very easy to remove in just under a minute. Also the myth that places will go out of business.

OK, I've got a minute. Tell us. Or is it one of those things that you can only reveal when your palm has been crossed with silver?

The excuse that a beer and smoke go together is nothing more than a trigger and very easy to remove in just under a minute. Also the myth that places will go out of business.

OK, I've got a minute. Tell us. Or is it one of those things that you can only reveal when your palm has been crossed with silver?

Breaking the trigger to smoking and drinking together is extremely easy using hypnosis. In most cases it is a minute or less for that particular trigger. Once the subconscious understands this in a different perspective the trigger is gone. The same is true with the mental addiction, however that takes a bit longer about 5 to 7 minutes. The same applies, simply change the subconscious understand of a situation.

Think of it as looking at a shadow on a wall of someone making some sort of shape with their hands and arms. The shape may look like an animal or person or any other object. You are left wondering how that was done. What hypnosis does it let you (your subconscious) see how that was done by looking at the person making the shadow. So it is really that easy using hypnosis, all you do is identify and remove each trigger. That included the after meal smoke, after sex smoke or whatever. They all just melt away and don’t bother the person anymore. The patch or to gum or any other method don't do that and that is why people return to smoking because the triggers remain.

As for Coyote, go in and take a look.

I hope that answere your question.

Well there goes the poor embattled Baghdad Cafe in Banglamphu! After years of fighting the brown-shirt boys who are fighting over each other for a share of the profits each month, they might just put an end to the wonderful little cafe where Thais and Farang alike voluntarily enter to smoke Arab waterpipes. It's not enough that the excise police and government refuse to place a tax on incoming sheesha tobacco, because that would erode the power, control and profits of the enforcers themselves to extract corruption money. Now punters enjoying a pipe will need to fork out 2,000 baht fines and the operator a hefty 20K!

Oh well, time to go :o

With clean air in the various establishments, we customers will now be able to smell what perfume the girls are wearing.

That's the best reason I have heard yet. Just hope the girls still smoke

yes, and the sweat and beery breath too :o big enclosed bars just are unhealthy places. There's no excuse for smoking but don't think you'll stop getting sore throats and coughs.

Breaking the trigger to smoking and drinking together is extremely easy using hypnosis. In most cases it is a minute or less for that particular trigger. Once the subconscious understands this in a different perspective the trigger is gone. The same is true with the mental addiction, however that takes a bit longer about 5 to 7 minutes. The same applies, simply change the subconscious understand of a situation.

Think of it as looking at a shadow on a wall of someone making some sort of shape with their hands and arms. The shape may look like an animal or person or any other object. You are left wondering how that was done. What hypnosis does it let you (your subconscious) see how that was done by looking at the person making the shadow. So it is really that easy using hypnosis, all you do is identify and remove each trigger. That included the after meal smoke, after sex smoke or whatever. They all just melt away and don't bother the person anymore. The patch or to gum or any other method don't do that and that is why people return to smoking because the triggers remain.

JK. Your postings are veering off the subject a bit, although I must admit I'm thinking of ditching the habit as soon as there is a break in the clouds.

Jk, isn't it about people wanting to stop? some don't. You choose your poison in this life one way or another.

With clean air in the various establishments, we customers will now be able to smell what perfume the girls are wearing.

yes, and the sweat and beery breath too :D big enclosed bars just are unhealthy places. There's no excuse for smoking but don't think you'll stop getting sore throats and coughs.

Sorry Moldy, My reply was a bit tongue in cheek. :D I hope the girls continue smoking :o

yes, and the sweat and beery breath too :D big enclosed bars just are unhealthy places. There's no excuse for smoking but don't think you'll stop getting sore throats and coughs.

Sorry Moldy, My reply was a bit tongue in cheek. :D I hope the girls continue smoking :o

Guessed it was a bit of a jest :D Now when you say smoking, you do mean the noxious weed ?, or do you mean ................... :D

yes, and the sweat and beery breath too :bah: big enclosed bars just are unhealthy places. There's no excuse for smoking but don't think you'll stop getting sore throats and coughs.

Guessed it was a bit of a jest :bah: Now when you say smoking, you do mean the noxious weed ?, or do you mean ................... :D

Ehhh, Yea :D ? Not the obnoxious weed, mean the mean :D

Whats that noise behind me???? Oh its you dear, harmless fun, smoking? just a farang joke. now put that dow...........

Think of it as looking at a shadow on a wall of someone making some sort of shape with their hands and arms. The shape may look like an animal or person or any other object. You are left wondering how that was done. What hypnosis does it let you (your subconscious) see how that was done by looking at the person making the shadow. So it is really that easy using hypnosis, all you do is identify and remove each trigger. That included the after meal smoke, after sex smoke or whatever. They all just melt away and don't bother the person anymore. The patch or to gum or any other method don't do that and that is why people return to smoking because the triggers remain.

JK. Your postings are veering off the subject a bit, although I must admit I'm thinking of ditching the habit as soon as there is a break in the clouds.

Jk, isn't it about people wanting to stop? some don't. You choose your poison in this life one way or another.

Yes I was just addressing a question, people can choose how they want to kill themselves. This is all about taking someone else out with you when your busy killing yourself.

This new law is all about taking out slow motion suicide bombers. We hear about the non slow motion suicide bombers everyday killing themselves and killing or injuring everyone around them. I can’t see any difference except for the time involved.

Yes I was just addressing a question, people can choose how they want to kill themselves. This is all about taking someone else out with you when your busy killing yourself.

This new law is all about taking out slow motion suicide bombers. We hear about the non slow motion suicide bombers everyday killing themselves and killing or injuring everyone around them. I can't see any difference except for the time involved.

Nothing quite like keeping a sense of proportion, eh mate?

Gawd knows what you think when people get in their cars? Weapons of mass destruction I expect.

This new law is all about taking out slow motion suicide bombers. We hear about the non slow motion suicide bombers everyday killing themselves and killing or injuring everyone around them. I can't see any difference except for the time involved.

Gawd knows what you think when people get in their cars? Weapons of mass destruction I expect.

My comment is in reference to the new law in the Op’s post. Nothing at all to do with cars. Second hand smoke inside a club or whatever is affecting the people around the smoker. The further away from the smoker the less you are effected. Sounds a lot like a bomb to me.

My comment is in reference to the new law in the Op's post. Nothing at all to do with cars. Second hand smoke inside a club or whatever is affecting the people around the smoker. The further away from the smoker the less you are effected. Sounds a lot like a bomb to me.

Yes I can't see any defence for smoking around non smokers who simply don't want to be around cig. smoke for good reasons - surely that has to be respected and if it's not then who can complain if a law comes out ?. I'm not sure about the cancer aspect JK from short term exposure to second hand smoke, but for sure it irritates the nose, and causes coughs. For some people it can trigger a very uncomfortable allergy.

Jenniferjuniper you make a good point about keeping things in proportion - there isn't any fairness in the law when compared with other societal activities and that is a point being made again and again. I don't know to what extent you were having a laugh about cars, but in fact yes they are rather dangerous in more ways than one.

Ministry of Public Health to issue complete smoking ban on February 11th

Minister of Public Health Doctor Mongkol Na Songkhla (มงคล ณ สงขลา) revealed that his ministry will be issuing its 18th declaration which was previously featured in the December 28th edition of the Royal Gazette with an additional stipulation to protect non-smokers inline with the Non-Smokers Protection Act.

The new stipulation will completely ban smoking in pubs, bars, restaurants, all types of markets both indoor and outdoor including Chatuchak market, flea markets and all publicly accessed area’s both air conditioned and non-air conditioned. The clause will take effect on February 11th. Establishment operators who resist the law will be fined 20 thousand baht and individual transgressors will be fined no more than 2,000 baht. Doctor Mongkol states that the law was not designed to restrict smokers but is to guard non-smokers of which Thailand has an estimated 53 million.

The Ministry of Public Health will be promoting the new regulation to the public prior to February 11th. Public Health officials will be dispatched across the country to allow citizens to understand zoning for smokers and various signs.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 25 January 2008

As per my not to long ago post the police have stop watching politics and will focus on us now. I have it from a very reliable source that the police have restarted drug tests at clubs and bars. Nana Plaza was on the list last night with at least 1 bar submitting to police drug tests.

I think this is significant in that the last time I can recall this type of activity was before July 2006. It reflects that they feel there is closure in the political issues. I guess the party is over and we can expect crackdowns all over again. So yes I guess they will be in checking the bars for smokers.

I guess the party is over and we can expect crackdowns all over again. So yes I guess they (the police) will be in checking the bars for smokers.

The police will be looking for the tell tale haze of stinky smoke rising like a thick smog......you know what I mean.

Companies such as Ananova who produce smokeless and tobacco-free cigarettes may have a place in a night life environment.

Smokers can gain the same nicotine hit from these type cigarettes with non-smokers being allowed to breathe clean air, maybe such a compromise will be acceptable to all.

As per my not to long ago post the police have stop watching politics and will focus on us now. I have it from a very reliable source that the police have restarted drug tests at clubs and bars. Nana Plaza was on the list last night with at least 1 bar submitting to police drug tests.

I think this is significant in that the last time I can recall this type of activity was before July 2006. It reflects that they feel there is closure in the political issues. I guess the party is over and we can expect crackdowns all over again. So yes I guess they will be in checking the bars for smokers.

Over the years I have seen countless police officers, in uniform, smoking in bars and pubs. This enforcement, like most enforcements in Thailand, will be a joke.

:o

Pls clarify what you mean by "us"

Apparently just the sight of an ashtray will set things off. Butts and whatever on the floor will most certainly get the venue fined 20,000. If you think about it, it is much easier to enforce than you think. Even the most reluctant venue will do the math and it will not take long for everyone to comply.

For that fact the lobby of the Thai owned apartments where I live pulled their ashtrays earlier this week because of the shift of attention by the police. They were skirting that ban but no more. I don’t know if they got fined or heard it through the grapevine.

This is easy money for the police and the police that don’t smoke are just as disgusted by smokers. So rest assured they will be motivated to enforce the ban both personally and financially.

‘Us’ being anyone who is not the police or a politician.

'Us' being anyone who is not the police or a politician.

I heard you can cure a number of illness. Apparently paranoia is not one of them.

Get real, Thailand is very fair place for foreigner and I don't see it changing overnight. And if they can clear the place from some foreign trouble makers, life can only get better for all of "us".

I'd go with the proposed ban if they weren't using the old "protecting the non smoker" arguement. How anybody can live in BKK or even Mataphut for that matter, and really think that smoking is their biggest worry is beyond me. The air pollution alone must be equivalent to 30 fags a day.

Secondly, to all the non smoking activists, will you stop driving your 4x4s, belching fumes around town to protect me? It's not as if there's a lot of off-road driving to be done in town.

pip pip

'Us' being anyone who is not the police or a politician.

I heard you can cure a number of illness. Apparently paranoia is not one of them.

Get real, Thailand is very fair place for foreigner and I don't see it changing overnight. And if they can clear the place from some foreign trouble makers, life can only get better for all of "us".

I don’t know about you but I see the police like little kids on an Easter egg hunt with this one. Easy money, just find an ashtray.

NON-SMOKER'S OF BANGKOK KEEP SUCKING IN THOSE TUK-TUK FUMES YOU ARE ALL LIVING VERY (lung!) HEALTHY LIVES.

Bang on! It's amazing how many people have got their priorities wrong. Air pollution is a much bigger issue.

JK, my guess is it's only you and a few others that actually find cigarettes disgusting. Most people just don't want to be around cigarette smoke that's all - and that's fair enough too. If even the sight of an astray gets you going, my guess is you've got a big problem.

I'd go with the proposed ban if they weren't using the old "protecting the non smoker" arguement. How anybody can live in BKK or even Mataphut for that matter, and really think that smoking is their biggest worry is beyond me. The air pollution alone must be equivalent to 30 fags a day.

Secondly, to all the non smoking activists, will you stop driving your 4x4s, belching fumes around town to protect me? It's not as if there's a lot of off-road driving to be done in town.

pip pip

A very good posting in my view. One driver suggested cars are a necessary evil. This shows cars are not being used for their functionality, not so.

So come on you non smokers, time to hand in the car keys- I'm sure you wouldn't want to be thought of as hypocrites?