Can My Old Bones Survive A Rooney Lunge ?

moldy

I'm a slim 46 year old who looks his age. I've had a series of healthchecks which have been a pleasant surprise and I appear to be in excellent health; surprisingly.

So I'm tinkering with the idea of playing football again, just socially, no 90 minute stuff with 20 somethings.

But would my bones be able to withstand a knock ?, say a hardish kick in the shin, or a dig in the ribs, or simply a slip on to hard ground.

Anybody know the science here about bone strength?

And is reduced reaction speed a factor here also?

it's females who lose their bones stenth when they age - du to the hormonal changes and losing calcium from the body.

not the case with males - but much later age than you are we tend to lose muscles and the sceleton will take a brunt of injury instead of the bulk of the muscles.

If you haven't played football for a time - take is easy at the beginning. It's more bruises and cuts to the skin than anything else likely happen to you - you might weare long sleave shirt or even trousers which will protect your skin. If you had previous injuries/broken bones you might try to protect those areas by bandaging using elasticated material - if they are still giving you any problems

it's females who lose their bones stenth when they age - du to the hormonal changes and losing calcium from the body.

not the case with males - but much later age than you are we tend to lose muscles and the sceleton will take a brunt of injury instead of the bulk of the muscles.

If you haven't played football for a time - take is easy at the beginning. It's more bruises and cuts to the skin than anything else likely happen to you - you might weare long sleave shirt or even trousers which will protect your skin. If you had previous injuries/broken bones you might try to protect those areas by bandaging using elasticated material - if they are still giving you any problems

thanks for the info, greatly appreciated.