A Story That Has To Be Told

SwaziBird

This week's Chiangmai Mail ( Tuesday, 15th January ) shoud be carrying a story or possibly a letter entitled "A Story That Has To Be Told".

Check it out - if you wan't a slant on this City and its inhabitants. The contents "wowed" me and I'm sure you will also find it an eye-opener.

This is, by the way, NOT an attempt to increase the circulation of that news-paper ( no smart references in that regard, please).

Cheers.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This week's Chiangmai Mail ( Tuesday, 15th January ) shoud be carrying a story or possibly a letter entitled "A Story That Has To Be Told".

Check it out - if you wan't a slant on this City and its inhabitants. The contents "wowed" me and I'm sure you will also find it an eye-opener.

This is, by the way, NOT an attempt to increase the circulation of that news-paper ( no smart references in that regard, please).

Cheers.

Afraid that I will not see this article.

Before I ever buy another copy of said 'fish and chip' wrapper someone will need to convince me that it is about 500 times better than before its resurrection. It was an absolute waste of 25 baht. Does it still have 8-10 fotos of the editor scattered throughout (to pad the pages)

Edited by john b good

Before I ever buy another copy of said 'fish and chip' wrapper someone will need to convince me that it is about 500 times better than before its resurrection. It was an absolute waste of 25 baht. Does it still have 8-10 fotos of the editor scattered throughout (to pad the pages)

It has cut and paste headlines about Bhutto - I guess most farangs had no idea.

Its got two full pages of horoscopes

Four colour pages of people at Christmas parties

A full page on restaurants well discussed in TVF

A full page of 'brain teasers'

Another page of horoscopes and things for 'brainy' people

And the rest is just plain rubbish

And no I didn't buy it

That didn't start off too well :D

Why don't you cut to the chase and tell us what the story's about :o

I posted the suggestion to read the article.

I really didn't suggest that anyone waste their precious 25 baht nor precious time as some feel they might be doing. That's their choice. Not my suggestion.

What I am suggesting is that those who wish ( not to be dragged kicking and screaming ) to read a fascinating account of integrity right here in our home-town, would do well to acquaint themselves with that narrative ( should it be published - ?).

Cheers.

Why don't you cut to the chase and tell us what the story's about :o

I think that he's trying to trick us into shelling out some cash! :D

UG - Shame on you !

Go wash and scrub your finger-tips !

I have no need for trickery nor your cash !

Cheers.

It has cut and paste headlines about Bhutto - I guess most farangs had no idea.

Its got two full pages of horoscopes

Four colour pages of people at Christmas parties

A full page on restaurants well discussed in TVF

A full page of 'brain teasers'

Another page of horoscopes and things for 'brainy' people

And the rest is just plain rubbish

And no I didn't buy it

Ohh, they copy City Life now? :o Thanks god CL is free, same crap but in a nice wrap :-)

Cheers.

If it's not out till the 15th, how have you managed to see it? Can't you elaborate on this scoop before Tuesday, some of us will die from the anticipation well before then? :o

Cheers.

If it's not out till the 15th, how have you managed to see it? Can't you elaborate on this scoop before Tuesday, some of us will die from the anticipation well before then? :o

I guess you could call it a scoop - but it's not really that, Bananaman.

I just happen to have seen the article (letter) before it was submitted. It's definitely a story that has to be told and shared IMHO. As I said , it showed me another side to the people of our fair city.

I think that it would be improper to divulge any further details before its publication.

Cheers.

Cheers.

I guess you could call it a scoop - but it's not really that, Bananaman.

I just happen to have seen the article (letter) before it was submitted. It's definitely a story that has to be told and shared IMHO. As I said , it showed me another side to the people of our fair city.

I think that it would be improper to divulge any further details before its publication.

Cheers.

if ever there was a time for a moderator to squash a worthless thread then this is it....

Cheers.

OK fellas.

Ease back. Settle down.

Have a look at my post and see that it was nothing more than a suggestion.

Everything else that followed was generated by respondent posters.

I hope no-one feels that I'm responsible for the "drivel" and necessitating of moderator intervention etc.

It's only another 2 days to go.

Patience is a virtue and we have to lighten up, don't we ?

Cheers

Cheers.

OK fellas.

Ease back. Settle down.

Have a look at my post and see that it was nothing more than a suggestion.

Everything else that followed was generated by respondent posters.

I hope no-one feels that I'm responsible for the "drivel" and necessitating of moderator intervention etc.

It's only another 2 days to go.

Patience is a virtue and we have to lighten up, don't we ?

Cheers

Yes. But we also have to remember that CM Mail fails to print a lot of stuff it should (some of it quite valid too) and goes instead for the free news agency crap from Somalia or Some other Alia.

It's too late. It's the walking dead of news print. I applaud YET ANOTHER local farang who is working his nuts off for free for them, but what's the point when the tribe has lost its head?