Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones

GuestHouse

I'm sitting here listening to Aretha Franklin on my new Bose QuietComfort 3 headphones.

I am not kidding you, they are superb.

The noise of the AC and the Generators outside is gone and I'm left with the angelic warblings of AF.... On the aircraft they are even better.

Wonderful!

Heard really great reviews about them. So they really work so well? How long can you use them with your mp3 player before you run out of power? Would be awesome to use them while I'm shopping downtown.

Edited by freitag1

i had QC2. it is so weak by design that, you can not use it as long as you expect when you pay for it. now i have an audio-technica ath-anc7 which has a better sound, much more stronger and i dont hear anything other than the music during my flights. before buying a bose, i suggest you to check out the reviews on amazon.com

• 2 months later...

I have owned my QC2 headphones for over 4 years now. At the two year mark, I had used them to the point that the ear pads had started to fall apart. I called Bose and, even though I was a year PAST the end of warranty, they sent me a replacement set of pads for FREE. Great company that stands behind their product. And... Bose offers a 30-day, full refund if not completely satisfied.

• 1 year later...

Old thread renewed..

A mate of mine gave me some Bose Quiet Comfort 3's, 2 weeks ago, and they are what the name suggests, very comfortable.

I already had some Audio Technica ANC7's Quiet point headphones, that are also very good.

Bose in Thailand are silly prices, 26,750 Baht for the Quiet Comfort 3's !! As opposed to 350 USD in US, or 300 Pounds in UK or 49,000 Yen in Japan.

I would say the Bose just take the title of best Noise cancelling headphones over the Audio technica set, alhough the sound quality is virtually the same, the Bose are lighter and on ear design, as opposed to over ear, so less sweaty in hot conditions, and of course lighter.

They really are very good and a worthy buy for regualr travellers, you will certainly notice the difference when coming off of a long flight.

So if you can afford them, they are a good buy.

Would I pay 26,000 Baht for them ? No.

350 USD ? Yes.

Edited by Maigo6

I like to listen to audio books on a long flight. Which earphones are the most efficient? I certainly don't want a set that sucks the battery power from my devices. I use a Creative ZEN, my Nokia phone and my Garmin GPS. If I could find a battery powered charger, that would solve the problem, but no luck finding one so far.

I like to listen to audio books on a long flight. Which earphones are the most efficient? I certainly don't want a set that sucks the battery power from my devices. I use a Creative ZEN, my Nokia phone and my Garmin GPS. If I could find a battery powered charger, that would solve the problem, but no luck finding one so far.

I use my Ipod classic for music on the flight and get at least 20 hours from it......I don't use it more than that on the flight, but it has never run out. sometimes though I hook it to my com on the layover in Narita to give it some juice for the remaining 10 hours.

The little Zen is rated for 10 hours, the Garmin for four hours although with the GPS part shut off I'm hoping the battery life will be better. I have an extra battery for my Nokia and really have no idea how long the batteries will last when in flight mode. Unfortunately the phone uses a small ear phone plug and the other two use the bigger plug.

• 1 month later...

Where is the best place to buy Bose on ear headphones in Bangkok? I have seen some at the istudio place in Emporium for around 7,500 THB. Emporium must be quite expensive as well so anyone know of any other places?? Fortune Town maybe?

Thanks.

Hi

I recently bought a used Bose QC3 on eBay, and used it on my last trip back to France and back, I have been through a few models already and this is the best so far, not perfect, but comfortable and with an effective noise cancelling capability.

The battery never died, but I carried a spare one anyway. I even kept them on without music to muffle the ambiant noise, amazing. Only bad point, when the battery dies, you can't listen to music anymore. There is a Singaporean guy on eBay who carries all kind of accessories for it, in case you lose or break one...

Phil

• 1 month later...

I prefer custom isolation headphones over cancelation head phones. There are no external batteries to be worried about, and there is no introduction of artifact noise etc. (keeping things pure and simple)

post-11339-1249168730_thumb.jpg

post-11339-1249168741_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dakhar

• 3 months later...

there are a load of muppets with chain saws outside my window driving me absolutely nuts.

Would noise cancelling earphones cut the sound 100%?

What company/models would you recommend for home use.

Can you plug them into your PC like normal earphones, listen to Internet radio and use Skype to converse?

Thanks in anticipation

• 10 months later...

where to buy a battery for bose 3 hearphones in Phuket?

Siam Paragon, second floor along the "HiFi row of shops", has a dedicated Bose shop that most likely has the battery you are looking for.

If you are not in Bangkok you could always call the Bose distributor for Thailand, The Asavasopon Co. Ltd., tel. 02-234 6467, web: www.asavasopon.co.th