Where Can I Buy A Quality Towel In Bankok/pattaya?

riverhigh

HELP ... for the life of me I can't find a quality towel. Can anybody recommend me a place to go? I will be visiting Bangkok shortly.

Much appreciated,

Riverhigh :o

There is a hotel supply shop on Pattaya central road. It has great towels and even better sheets (high thread count), duvet covers and duvets. They do a really great bath sheet that is huge. Coming from Sukhumvit, turn into Pattaaya Central, go past Big C on the left then the Japanese restaurant. There is a dry cleaners and the hotel supply shop is next to that.

HELP ... for the life of me I can't find a quality towel. Can anybody recommend me a place to go? I will be visiting Bangkok shortly.

Much appreciated,

There is a hotel supply shop on Pattaya central road. It has great towels and even better sheets (high thread count), duvet covers and duvets. They do a really great bath sheet that is huge. Coming from Sukhumvit, turn into Pattaaya Central, go past Big C on the left then the Japanese restaurant. There is a dry cleaners and the hotel supply shop is next to that.

Could it be that you are talking about Carrefour and not BigC? Because there is no Big C at Central Road. Other possibility is the Exportstore at Big C in North Pattaya (off Second Road). Not many different designs to choose from, but very good quality and cheap as chips, I tink they where 100 or 150 baht.

All good suggestions here.

One thing though, I have found that the thinner, cheaper, all-cotton towels such as they sell at Tesco for around 60 baht each are better for me because they dry quickly and therefore do not mould. The thicker the towel, the longer to dry and the more likely to get mouldy. As we approach the wet months, this is even more important.

Yes I like thick quality cotton towels very much but prefer the thin almost see-through ones in Thailand for the above reason.

Much appreciated,

It's on South Pattaya Road. The Japanese restaurant is Kabuto Yakiniku which was substantially damaged by a fire last month.

-redwood

I take it all back... it seems, from my secret sources, that the best thing is to buy your towels abroad and cart them into Thailand :o

if that were the case I would have saved a small fortune in shipping costs to the UK last year.

Mr Towel. Chatuchak market, Soi 9 I think, opposite the bank atms anyway. Supplies a lot of the good hotels. The quality is superb and as far as the sheets are concerned, beware, once slept upon you'll never want to sleep on anything else, very high quality and thread count. 21000B on shipping back to UK last year, friends that had tried ours begged us to ship them back. Even with shipping still works out a lot cheaper than the very few high end stores these can be bought in. IMHO one of the great buys in LOS. If you spend about a third of your life in bed might as well do it comfortably. :D

I take it all back... it seems, from my secret sources, that the best thing is to buy your towels abroad and cart them into Thailand :o

if that were the case I would have saved a small fortune in shipping costs to the UK last year.

Mr Towel. Chatuchak market, Soi 9 I think, opposite the bank atms anyway. Supplies a lot of the good hotels. The quality is superb and as far as the sheets are concerned, beware, once slept upon you'll never want to sleep on anything else, very high quality and thread count. 21000B on shipping back to UK last year, friends that had tried ours begged us to ship them back. Even with shipping still works out a lot cheaper than the very few high end stores these can be bought in. IMHO one of the great buys in LOS. If you spend about a third of your life in bed might as well do it comfortably. :D

The sheets I bought from the place on Pattaya South Rd are 280 thread count. What is Mr. Towel's thread count for sheets?...

I bought mine in Brisbane, Oz, on a business trip.

Best quality Egyptian cotton. :o

As for drying, out them out on the line in the sun for 30 minutes, will do the trick.

Avoids mould and skin infections.

Much appreciated,

Riverhigh :D

It's on South Pattaya Road. The Japanese restaurant is Kabuto Yakiniku which was substantially damaged by a fire last month.

-redwood

I'll have to go check it out as the ones I'm sleeping on right now feel like they were made by the 3M abrasive division. I've touched 60 grid sandpaper that was softer. :o

• 4 weeks later...

Much appreciated,

Thank you all for replying to my request and my apologies for not responding sooner. When I was in Bangkok I checked out MBK and Central Chidlom as recommended ..... nice stuff. All the same I settled on buying light navy blue towels at Lotus Tesco ... the same towels used at Toni's gym. Had them for three weeks now ... no regrets.

I will be looking for the hotel supply shop past Big C (Pattaya Central / Second Road), the bed sheets with high thread counts sounds interesting.

Thanks,

Much appreciated,

Thank you all for replying to my request and my apologies for not responding sooner. When I was in Bangkok I checked out MBK and Central Chidlom as recommended ..... nice stuff. All the same I settled on buying light navy blue towels at Lotus Tesco ... the same towels used at Toni's gym. Had them for three weeks now ... no regrets.

I will be looking for the hotel supply shop past Big C (Pattaya Central / Second Road), the bed sheets with high thread counts sounds interesting.

Just read the message ..... Hotel Supply shop on "South Pattaya Road" ... I know which Big C you are talking about.

Cheers,

Much appreciated,

-redwood

I'll have to go check it out as the ones I'm sleeping on right now feel like they were made by the 3M abrasive division. I've touched 60 grid sandpaper that was softer. :o

Just an update, I went and purchased sheets and towels at the Pattaya Hotel Suppy on South Pattaya Road, the highest thread count I saw was 230, but it was good enough for me. Just a sidebar, I notice they have a small second shop just behind Carrefour on Central Pattaya Road. :D

• 12 years later...