Fiancee Visa Usa

I live in the USA. I applied for a fiancee visa (I-129F) about 6 months ago so that my Thai fiancee can come to America. I got a letter a while back stating that my approved I-129F has been forwarded to the Embassy in Bangkok. It also said that my fiancee will soon receive a packet in the mail with instructions on how to apply for the fiancee visa. MY QUESTION, will this packet she receives be in Thai or English? I'm asking because my fiancee received this packet and she said it was in English and there were about 20 pages and these all need to be translated at 300 baht a page and, of course, she wants me to send her the money for the translation fees. Is she lying to me to get more money. I would assume this packet should be in Thai. Please help, I would like to know if she is a liar and loves money more then me.

The package is probably in English. Why did you think that it would be in Thai?

Instead of assuming otherwise, why don't you just ask her to copy/fax/scan/email the documents to you?

300 Baht per page may be reasonable as we've recently paid up to 500 Baht per page. However, as an alternative to using a translation service for the package, you/she could also ask a friend, who knows both English and Thai, to help her out.

Edited by vinny

I went through the same process....have her mail the packet to you (she should first make a copy for herself)

You fill it out. You will be on the phone a lot...so get a good phone card.

Have your gal find someone you can call to help with any translation over the phone...if you have communication problems with her, this is a must.(or perhaps a Thai/English speaker in the U.S...your local Thai restaurant may be a good place to look)

Make copies of everything....save all your e-mails, letters, pictures, packages, everything....

Create a neatly organized file folder, labeled clearly...this will come in very handy for your interview in the U.S.

Be patient....call the help line at immigration if you have questions 1-800-375-5283...a long wait to get to a human, but worth it.

Good luck, persevere, you'll make it.

Best thing I've ever done.

... I would like to know if she is a liar and loves money more then me.

Looks like another relationship that is bound to fail.

Tell you GF to make copies of the documents; then send the originals to you using EMS (at the thai post office). When you receive the forms, complete them to the best of your ability. Whatever remains (for instance, her name in Thai), complete it with her when you go to Thailand for her visa interview (you were planning to go right?).

Anyhow good luck with everything.

:o

Which comes first the chicken or the egg?

Why dont you have her investigated first before you take her over to the US. It appears as if you are not certain and that tells me alot. Spend some money now rather than lose alot later. Try and get a prenuptial agreement first if you decide to go ahead.

Here is a link to the K1 procedure:

K1 Visa Procedure

Try to remember that the petition can lapse if she does not get everything done quickly. Then you have to contact the embassy to ask them about an extension again.

Another alternative would be to find an immigration lawyer or a lawyer familiar with the process to help her complete the forms...I know of one lady in Udon that paid a few thousand baht to a local law firm and they completed it very quickly..

Stoneman

It's good to know my fiancee is not lying to me. I just found it hard to believe that the embassy would send everything in English. They are in Thailand and they are sending all this important information to Thais in English. It wouldn't be so hard for them to send everything in Thai and it would make it a lot easier on us.

I paid $170 for the fiancee visa application fee here in the USA. What about other fees?

Non immigrant visa application processing fee is $131 (it used to be $100).

Medical exam ????

Fingerprinting fees ????

Any other fees I should know about?

Thanks a lot.

... I just found it hard to believe that the embassy would send everything in English. They are in Thailand and they are sending all this important information to Thais in English. It wouldn't be so hard for them to send everything in Thai and it would make it a lot easier on us.

Are you by chance from California? :o

TH

Are you by chance from California? :o

TH

You are right. I was born in California (The San Fernando Valley) and spent the first 30 years of my life there. In California, I'd expect all documents to be in English (not Spanish), in Thailand I'd expect all documents to be in Thai, and on Mars I'd expect all documents to be in Martian. Thanks for all your help. These forums are great for exchanging information and ideas.

It's good to know my fiancee is not lying to me. I just found it hard to believe that the embassy would send everything in English. They are in Thailand and they are sending all this important information to Thais in English. It wouldn't be so hard for them to send everything in Thai and it would make it a lot easier on us.

I paid $170 for the fiancee visa application fee here in the USA. What about other fees?

Non immigrant visa application processing fee is $131 (it used to be $100).

Medical exam ????

Fingerprinting fees ????

Any other fees I should know about?

Thanks a lot.

All forms and fees can be found at the USCIS website. Click here to get there. At the top of the page is the link for "immigration forms".......the "fee schedule" can be found on that page.

The website can be extremely helpful...and has some "fillable" forms as well....(you can fill them out online, and print them)

You are right. I was born in California (The San Fernando Valley) and spent the first 30 years of my life there.

I knew it. :D

In California, I'd expect all documents to be in English (not Spanish), in Thailand I'd expect all documents to be in Thai, and on Mars I'd expect all documents to be in Martian.

The trouble is with your logic is the documents are produced by the US government and are used at every Embassy all over the world for immigration to US. If they were in Thai, the US employees at consulate would not be able to read them. :D

Thanks for all your help. These forums are great for exchanging information and ideas.

Unfortunately, irony is often lost on Americans :o

TH

You are right. I was born in California (The San Fernando Valley) and spent the first 30 years of my life there.

I knew it. :D

In California, I'd expect all documents to be in English (not Spanish), in Thailand I'd expect all documents to be in Thai, and on Mars I'd expect all documents to be in Martian.

The trouble is with your logic is the documents are produced by the US government and are used at every Embassy all over the world for immigration to US. If they were in Thai, the US employees at consulate would not be able to read them. :D

Thanks for all your help. These forums are great for exchanging information and ideas.

Unfortunately, irony is often lost on Americans :o

TH

I disagree. Irony is a staple of the American spirit. Why would we vote for B Clinton 2 times, then consider his larcenous spouse for the job???? :D d'oh