Housing On Samui

Looking for a one or two bedroom house or apartment for 6 month to 12 month lease, perhaps a 10 or 15 minute bicycle ride from Lamai. Quiet area. Nothing fancy. Basic furniture. Small kitchen. Hot water. Phone. What might one expect to pay?

Are there any realtors with websites you can steer me towards?

Thanks!

Loads of them.

I drove around a bit and found many.

The two bedroom are hard to find though. All occupied and the most houses i saw where build with just 1 bedroom.

Prices low to very high.

Expect to pay around 5-6000 a month for a nice 1 bedroom house. 8 and higher for a 2 bedroom.

Most are without a phone line but for around 4000 baht you can get a tt&t line in about 2-3 weeks.

I know a few addresses, and i will be there around the end of this month.

If you want i can show you around a bit. (no i am not a broker :o )

Just give me a PM.

• 2 weeks later...

Sking,

I didn't look around for appartments but houses or bungalows.

Most of them are 1 bedroom meaning, a bedroom, living room, kitchen, bathroom.

Only a few have 2 bedrooms. (yep also living, kitchen, bath)

I finally found one around Hua Thanon, right at the beach for 8000 baht.

Hua Thanon is an ok beach good for kayaking, fishing, for swimming you have to go far because the water is shallow, Lamai and Chaweng are much better. But finding something there is very difficult or very very expensive.)

I am waiting until the 2 bedroom bungalow is free in about 2-3 months.

The 2 bedroom was 11.000 a month.

This is including furniture of a reasonable to good quality. (New bed, airco, fridge, sofa, table, chairs, kitchen appliances.)

If you go a little inside away from the beach you can easily find houses around 6-7000. Only few with 2 bedrooms. I considered one on a large piece of land with a swimming pool. Large house big outside area. 15.000 for 1 year or longer. 18.000 on a month per month basis. If you like something like this speak to the owner of the gallery on beach road. He is from Austria and a very nice guy.

I saw in your other thread something about ADSL. I will be looking for that when i am there end of the month. Now i have asked for a telephone line. This was installed within a week. (almost 4000 baht TT&T) . ADSL Should be available in Chaweng and Lamai. I don't know in other areas.

Good luck on finding a nice place. Just spend some time walking around and keep your eyes open for signs. It helps if you have a friend who speaks Thai. Some signs are in Thai only and i found those the most interesting.