Philippine Airline Travel Sector Safety Questioned

jonniebkk

The US federal flight safety agency (FAA) downgraded the safety rating of the Philippine air travel sector to level 2 from level 1 (best). Basically stating that best practices are not always enforced for air-travel within and by Philippine airports and air carriers. As a consequence, all flights/carriers based in the Philippines and traveling to the USA will be under most strict scrutiny and no further USA route expansions are allowed while level 2 status is in effect.

Edited by jonniebkk

• 1 month later...
The US federal flight safety agency (FAA) downgraded the safety rating of the Philippine air travel sector to level 2 from level 1 (best). Basically stating that best practices are not always enforced for air-travel within and by Philippine airports and air carriers. As a consequence, all flights/carriers based in the Philippines and traveling to the USA will be under most strict scrutiny and no further USA route expansions are allowed while level 2 status is in effect.

I'm surprised this didn't hapen a lot sooner. I've flown 300000 plus miles on PAL and have had the <deleted> scared out of me on many occasions. Aborted landings, delayed flights due to broken plane. And many rough flights landings and take offs. But since they offer the cheapest flights into Cebu City without changing terminals at NAIA in Manila, I usually end up flying with them.

Strange that I booked me and my wife's next flight with EVA on 19 Jan. And I hadn't even heard of the FAA safety downgrade. Fate, good Karma I guess.

I flew PAL into Manila recently, but they wouldn't fly to Cagayan de Oro because it was overcast. I had to scramble to get on an Air Philippines flight so I could actually get in there without having to overnight in Manila (PAL was offering a 5:00 a.m. flight the next morning). Cebu Air was also flying into Cagayan de Oro on that day. Four PAL flights into CDO were cancelled that day, just because it was overcast. I'll never fly PAL again.

Edited by farang prince