Cane Corso

Anyone have contact info for cane corso's here in LOS?  I'd like to get one to pal around with my dogo argentino. I saw an ad for a breeder in a very old issue of shamu shamu, but have since lost that mag and the contact details of the breeder.

Edited by steelepulse

I don't know about a breeder of Cane Corso in Thailand, but I know of a private owned dog by a Thai guy in Hua Hin. He imported his dog.

Very nice dogs, but definitely not for everyone.

Nienke

I know some Thai-bred Filas and they are the sweetest things imaginable. They would never intentionally do harm. However, I see your point what with a 4-year old and a dog whose paws are as big as saucers. Unfortunately none of my friends who own a Fila has small children, so I cannot give you any stories here.

I know some Thai-bred Filas and they are the sweetest things imaginable. They would never intentionally do harm. However, I see your point what with a 4-year old and a dog whose paws are as big as saucers. Unfortunately none of my friends who own a Fila has small children, so I cannot give you any stories here.

We quite often have many kids over as well as we have parties from time to time, so I think a young fila might be a bit much ( being young and huge), so that is why I was leaning towards a cane corso to compliment my dogo argentino.

CC's are beautiful dogs, but make sure not to get the same sex as your Dogo. We have 2 dogos (male and female) and we've had a few serious tiffs over the years, but most of the time they are best buddies. Also depending on your dogos temperament, training will be especially important.

Steelpulse, may I ask why you don't plan on getting another dogo?

One thing better than owning 1 dogo is having 2 dogos :D

Can't find one in Thailand so I thought I'd get a nice champion import CC from Europe that didn't have such a strong prey drive and had more of a protection drive. That prey drive got my female dogo killed and almost my male when he had a cobra in his mouth and got bit. I do love my dogo though :o

Sorry to hear what happened to your dogo as well as the near miss. Unfortunately snakes bites are too common here (I also know of a couple of dogos as well as pits who have been victims).

Luckily for us our girl Zoe seems to keep her distance from snakes and will bark at it until we come out to see what she's barking at. We call Zoe the "Stealth Huntress" because we've watched her sneak up in stealth mode on our male while he's taking a nap and take a standing leap onto him to play. We've also found a number of animals (cats, rats, birds) that she's caught in her stealth mode, and our maid even witnessed her watching a bird in the garden then slowly & quietly sneak up on it and jump into the air to catch it as it went to make a get away.

We imported our female from Italy (mother argentinian champion, father italian champion both imported to Italy from Argentina), so she has that strong hunt drive that dogos were originally bred for. She is also more dog aggressive than our male (who is thai born) but hopefully her future pups will get their fathers (american import) temperament who loves people. As for both my dogos protective drive, they are both extremely protective, but our male is especially protective when it comes to our 4 year old daughter. Needless to say, we do have to lock our dogs out back (we had special fencing put in for this purpose) whenever we have people over, especially if there are children around.... We know what our dogs are capable of and we also know that for them to see our daughter being chased or playing rough with her friends would be seen as a "threat" to her by our dogs.

Have you visited any of the Dogo forums like DACA @ www.dogo.org or USDAC @ www.usdac.org to get any advise on adding a CC to your existing dogo family? DACA has many forum members who have mixed breed homes, and they'll give you some great advice on which breeds are good companions/more compatible for existing dogo homes, and ones that are best avoided. They gave us some great advise when we got our first dogo to join our older male rott, although they were a bit concerned about us keeping 2 males of different breeds together :o

We personally had a male dogo pup join our 5 year old male rotty, and we were very fortunate that we never had any problems between the 2 especially with them both being intact males. Our rott was not at all dog aggressive and had the most beautiful temperament, so we did take the risk of introducing a male dogo. As a pup there wouldn't be any problems, but we were a little bit concerned about what could happen once our dogo hit "puberty". Fortunately our male dogo had a just as good natured temperament as our rotty and they were the best of friends.

Good luck and I look forward to hearing about how you get along in finding a friend for your dogo. :D

Edited by MsFigure

• 1 year later...
Anyone have contact info for cane corso's here in LOS? I'd like to get one to pal around with my dogo argentino. I saw an ad for a breeder in a very old issue of shamu shamu, but have since lost that mag and the contact details of the breeder.

Hi

I know where to find good Cane corsos in Thailand. For further infos mobile: 089 170 5670

Sacha

post-76038-1233372252_thumb.jpg

post-76038-1233372316_thumb.jpg

post-76038-1233372351_thumb.jpg

post-76038-1233372380_thumb.jpg

• 11 years later...
  • 1 month later...