Something Wrong

tuky

Hi guys.

Avatars are not animated, gmail will not work. It all used to work.

what could be the problem? it is only with my pc here in LOS. My laptop in Azer works fine. I am with iPST*R.

Zone alarm up to date, firewall (zonealarm) up to date, VET all up to date...If I shut down my pc I can access gmail once, then I need to shut down again to access the next email or even reply.

Any ideas?

hi'

aye ... look at ZA configurations ... britmaverik may be right :o

allow to play animations, load pictures, and reset the zone (trusted and internet) to default,

I hope that it would work ...

what kind of antivirus have you on?

tell us more ...

francois

leith,

I take it these problems are just with the browser..animations etc...

have you run spybot search and destroy and adaware recently?

what browser are you talking about?

I take it the browser goes to other sites ok? when you try and access gmail what does it say in the lower left of the browser window?

a quick test to check if zonealarm is causing you a problem is to turn it off for a couple of minutes, but only after having run the latest spybot and adaware.

...If I shut down my pc I can access gmail once, then I need to shut down again to access the next email or even reply.

Being able to access gmail once - doesn't sound like Zonealarm. That sounds more like a browser issue.

Anyway - a firewall problem is easy to check - disable it for a few minutes - and if the problems go away, it's Zonealarm. If they don't go away, turn it back on, and you'll know it's not Zonealarm.

Otherwise, especially if it's Internet Explorer, I'd try downloading a different browser (i.e. Firefox) to see if that works. If it does, then it's definitely NOT Zonealarm, and you'll know you have a problem with IE. And there are so many things that target IE, that finding the problem can be a real nightmare. I know of at least one Trojan which modifies IE's hosts file to change where you go when you enter certain sites (i.e. www.google.com doesn't go to google), then deletes itself, so Anti-virus, Spybot etc. don't find anything wrong.