New 2 Month Visa In 5 Mins

I went down to my local immergration office about 10 mins from my house , filled out a simple form gave the lady 1600baht, equivelent, then walked out with a 2 month visa , and I can do that every 2 months, for 2 years , then I can take a 90 min flight come back and start again, no problems , I have been living in The Phillippines for about 6 months , and I cant say I am sorry to get away from all the visa stuff in Thailand

Dogit. Just so I am clear in the Philippines you renewed your visa at the local immigration office without leaving the country. Also this can be done every two months for 2 years. you then leave the Philippines renter the Philippines then start the process over again. Thanks. I am also feed up with the Thai visa situation. I think it will only get worse when PPP take office.

Dogit. Just so I am clear in the Philippines you renewed your visa at the local immigration office without leaving the country. Also this can be done every two months for 2 years. you then leave the Philippines renter the Philippines then start the process over again. Thanks. I am also feed up with the Thai visa situation. I think it will only get worse when PPP take office.

let us know that

Edited by itsbill

Yes you can stay for 16 months renewing every 59 days, tourist visa ,local office, no questions, of any kind asked , you can buy a car , get a driving licence, open a bank account, certain laws do not apply to you because you are a tourist (in a good way) just about anything.

After 16 months you can make a simple application ( i have not done this yet) to extend your stay up to 24 months , then take a boat or a plane to anywhere outside the country , come back start again , someone posted this in a thread here last year , thats how I ended up here. Some things like food are much more expensive , some thiNgs like drinking in a bar are about a third of the price , I think it works out even with Thailand , thats my estimate. Hope that helps

Hi Dogit,

What part of the Phils are you?

I've been investigating Cebu to avoid the probs & rip-offs in the LoS.

Is it the same deal for Aussie passport holders?

I am in Visayas , not all that far from Cebu , yes they even let Australians have the same deal , infact there are quite a few Ozzy's here as it is 3 hours closer than LOS, I believe all western countries qualify, and lots of others such as India. Not sure you can avoid rip offs in Phils rather than Thailand, you can avoid all visa problems though.

the PHILS would be for sure an alternative for me, but what definitely scares me away is the crime rate and the abundance of firearms, which is even worse than in Thailand (if thats possible....).

same as in Thailand, a life counts nothing in the Phils.... oh and the food suxx there, but thats another story :o

Siam2007 I have heard the more dangerious in Phils argument several times here is a link to the 32 countries that have the most gun crime , my own UK comes in at number 32 , Thailand is the number 3 in the world after South Africa and Columbia the Philippines is not even on the list. Pattaya has the reputation of being the most (gun wise) dangerious city in Asia. There are a lot of guns on the streets in the hands of security guards and for some reason people take this as meaning there is a lot of gun crime in the Philippines. not true.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_...arms-per-capita