House Contents And Furniture Removals Chiang Mai Area

haybilly

Does anyone have an up-to-date number, email or address for good, reliable and hopefully inexpensive furniture movers based around Chiang Mai--I need a compnay/ individual willing and able to transport about 1 x 6-wheeler full of household effects from Kamphaeng Phet to Chiang Mai--vehicle must be covered and secure and individuals honest and reliable [ fairly strong too as a couple of items are quite heavy]--no timewasters or get-rich-quick from stupid farang types need apply. Many thanks to anyone with info and time to pass it on.

Many people have recommended Boonma to me. However; I used them and they scratched the doors on my wood wardrobes.

Good luck.

Well, many thanks for taking the time to let me know--unfortunately you are the only person to answer so, despite your reservations, I don't have a lot of options-gues I'll give them a try, my furniture is pretty crap anyway.

What is Boonma's number??? I am looking for one too.

I have been in touch with 'Boonma', who appears to be called 'BoonSak' since that was what the lady that answered the phone said, and although he obviously would prefer to view my load before he can give concrete quote he did say that, per cubic metre, he charged 900 baht--this is to carry stuff from Kamhaeng Phet to Chiang Mai which is a 700 Km. round trip; anyway, his contact tel. no. is 081-951-5111. He also said that he would need 2 or 3 days notice--pretty fair. Should I end up using his company I will post a brief resume--did he scratch my stuff up,take it to the wrong house, give me someone else's stuff, etc..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

We hired furniture movers who can not be bested in anycountry as far as reliability, honesty, punctuality, and no surprises. We movedfive rooms of furniture from Bangkokto Chaiyaphum district. We highly recommend you consider this company. We haveabsolutely no affiliation with these movers. We merely want to give ourrecommendation to others who might be moving. They made the long haul a verypleasant and hassle free move. They told the Mrs they service all of Thailand and some parts of Laos. Contact information:

Took (manager) He does not speak English. Web site: www.tippawanttransport.com,Email: [email protected],Phone: 02-718-8547, Mobile: 089-012-3132

I can not speak more highly of them.

Keoki

Many people have recommended Boonma to me. However; I used them and they scratched the doors on my wood wardrobes.

Good luck.

Sorry to hear about them scratching the doors.

That being said let us remember we are in Thailand and they definitely have different standards. Where I come from they have good movers and bad ones. Some times the good ones have a scratch and some times the bad ones do a great job. It is a crap shoot. My advice would to give them as much supervision as you can.

GOOD LUCK

• 5 months later...

used Boonma in 2009 for a CM to BKK move

'Boonma' (or is it 'Boonsak'? the head honcho @ CM) personally lost one of my boxes off his pickup, admitted he did it, whined and complained about his 'bad luck' and never took responsibility.

Edited by a107938

They made the long haul a verypleasant and hassle free move. They told the Mrs they service all of Thailand and some parts of Laos. Contact information:

Took (manager) He does not speak English. Web site: www.tippawanttransport.com,Email: [email protected],Phone: 02-718-8547, Mobile: 089-012-3132

I can not speak more highly of them.

Kecki

Don't know these people but the website looks promising.

http://www.vpackmove...task=view&id=13

Good luck.

Sorry to hear about them scratching the doors.

That being said let us remember we are in Thailand and they definitely have different standards. Where I come from they have good movers and bad ones. Some times the good ones have a scratch and some times the bad ones do a great job. It is a crap shoot. My advice would to give them as much supervision as you can.

GOOD LUCK

I'm sure even here they are aware that scratching doors, furniture and cars etc, is out of order.

"Oh sorry pal I just put a metre long scrape along your new car.......never mind eh, I am Thai".......I don't think so and let them try getting away with it, with someone high on the hierarchial ladder with dosh to burn.

Hey guys, I moved from SriRacha to ChiangMai in July with MegaLogistics, they operate nationwide and has a office in ChiangMai, incidently, the contact was a Khun Boonmee, non relation with Boonma though, must be a common thai name. Anyway, the number was 0838681898 and he speaks good English as an Aussie grad student. Certain items like my wife's favourite sofa set I insisted extra care and they bubble wrap it. I only used them once and haven't moved anywhere since July, so good luck guys.

(this original post seems fairly old to revive)