Degrees on kao san

The best advice you should take is from Sunbelt.  Don't tarnish legitimate farang teachers' reputations by cheating your way into a school with bad language skills yourself, then passing on those appalling skills to the kids.  WHEN you get found out (and the government is tightening up on this pretty quickly), the rest of us suffer.  At the moment the education market is good, please don't help to spoil it for us.

So...get on an English course yourself first, get the skills, get the confidence and do things properly for all concerned.  You can get a good job with either/or a TEFL or a degree.  Both would be advantageous.

My dear laduladiva, I do hope you are really joking or you are just being naive. Do you know what you are really talking about? I presume you are a jolly good felllow and I will now give you free advice. Don't even think of it. By doing so, you will be committing " fraud " and if charged and convicted you may land yourself in " Bangkok Hilton " or some other monkey houses, so to speak. In conclusion, I still hope you are only joking. I am just trying to help.

Regards,

charlie :o

I just asked a simpel question, no need to jump down my neck. My experience of teachers in thailand is that are here for the easy sex. Had a crap night again hanging around with perverts. Fucing qualified english teachers my arse. Are there any farangs here who are not perverted ######s who use Thai girls or boys for their own advantage. Maby thailand is the wrong place for me as Im a gay gye who is not into paying or using every sweet gye or girl I meet. My impresion of Thailand is that it has been destroyed by farangs. Dirty old perverts. I think Thai people are the sweetest people Ive ever meet, but the farangs. I dont have any time for. I might just meet the wrong people, but ###### people like that really piss me off.

About Kao san road, the perv, the english teaching business :

1) Kao San Road exist, last week that was 3 shopps who offeredthe service you asked for the price is about 2 000 bht. It's risky, cause everyboddy can see it's fakediploma, it's risky cause you must giveyour name also, and the police is never far of this place (thea money or retrive informations about customers?) Better to take a course and get a real one (not so real, how can you be a experienced teacher after 4 weeks of TEFL course?????????????)

2) The perv exist anywhere, in LOS as in any country, but it'strue here the proportion of perv sound to be important inside the farangs ( I am a farang, am I a perv?). Now what are you calling perv? A guy who have a sexual night with a kid? My opnion is this kind of personn must go to visit "Bongkok Hilton" and asap. and yes it's a perv. Now for people who hang with partner (same or diferent sex) who are younger than them, if the partner is adult (more than the legal age (important word)), have the mental capacity to know what is good or wrong, then it's called private life, you can only say you like or dislike this kind, but you can not judge.

3) english teaching business, well it's a business here like selling noodle, you have legal business, illegal business, and "business who don't exist". Here we are guess, we are lucky to have the right to stay in LOS, sometimes is hard life but mostly I thanksGod to be here. We must accept the rules, the thai citisens NEED to learn english, by the ways who are posible, this is why the teachers like you (or me) can work here, the police don't bother us too much, but it's "business who don't exist", mean you say nothing, be happy with what you have, if you are not happy then you must leave and then some governemental offices will be happy to show you the way.

Get the point? If you need to stay here, and work here, be clevert, save your money, return to school during 4 weeks and get  the TEFL or beter a CELTA. You wil be proud of you, you will get easy and better jobs, and all will be legal and Mr Immigetion Officer will smile. Or go to Kao San, buy your diploma, and be in troubles soon, because you will be you too another pervert (you corrupt the thai citisen, and abuse of them they nice and not mided people, they did it only to help you and to be good host for you)

Begood guy and go to school.

P.S. : the fact to showyour sexual life (you said you are gay) is mostly in Europ a very bad point. In my country ( Iam french) if you are gay it will hard for you to teach, if you say you are gay , YOU WILL NEVER TEACH, may I suppose you are not european?

The Spelling above is another reason why Only Native English Speakers are suitable for these posts, I know there are some Non-English speakers who can spell perfectly, but on the whole Thais will NEVER be able to speak english well until they are taught by example. No offense meant ???

The Spelling above is another reason why Only Native English Speakers are suitable for these posts, I know there are some Non-English speakers who can spell perfectly, but on the whole Thais will NEVER be able to speak english well until they are taught by example. No offense meant  

If it's for me, I must say yes, I don't know how to spell and my grammar is absolutely incorrect :o I am asshamed but I must confess it lol

But I don't pretend to be an english teacher, for me teaching is an ART, I can ( I do it yet) teach but .... french :D

I agree also with to learn a foreign language, better to use native speaker then foreign people with fake diploma

But I don't pretend to be an english teacher, for me teaching is an ART, I can ( I do it yet) teach but .... french :D

In that case , I apologise, and must say that your written English is far better than my written French!  :o

no apologise needed, because that was no offense in your post, you just pointed on a reallity : one of the most important qualification to be a teacher.

I can buy a TEFL in Kao San Road, but I will never be able to speak english without accent.

Best regards

Eric

I'm glad to see the members of this forum stand up for what is right for all individuals involved.  The students deserve the best, the teachers should have the professional ethics within them, and hopefully the government will strictly enforce the law.

It reflects badly on the profession when individuals obviously lacking basic spelling or English skills obtain credentials for cash. I hope to joint the English teaching profession in Thailand within the year, and I'm looking forward to doing it honestly.

Take care,

WISteve

Hey, does anybody know anything about the degrees on kao san. Imteching English at the mo at a crap school. Want to change but I have no degree. Antbody have anu advise

Thanks

Here's a guy that can be arrested on several charges; 'poor English,' 'fraud' and 'bad typists.' Maybe he should consult with Mr. Sam in a Jam and get degree advice.

####, at least Mr. Sam is obviously literate and a good typist.

At the risk of appearing to be an ogre let me point out the following. Most English teaching jobs in LOS pay about 300-500baht/hour. Presuming that one can only do 3-4 one hour sessions per day one would only be able to afford a flop in the Khao San Road with shared cockroaches and facilities and khaoow phat or kwietieo 3 times per day as a reward. Hardly the renumeration that a professional expects. No problem for backpackers though.

A professional English teacher usually hires out of their English speaking native country on their local salary plus an uplift plus all expenses paid. They usually work for big outfits that have a clause in their contracts requiring them to train locals in English.

The local LOS, low paid English teacher world is a racket run by locals who don't care if quality instruction is offered or not. So I wouldn't blame anyone for wanting to slip them the big one whether by fake diplomas or otherwise. This is not to detract from the good intentions of genuine backpacker teachers. Lets' face it...it's not for us to clean up the TOEFL world here...the locals wouldn't have it.

Hope that's not too long winded...

cheers...

Ability to teach can not be given by a ploma, real one or fake. I am not thinking a "backpacker" can not be a good teacher, many exemples of that exist in various forms.

I just point on the RISK to buy a fake diploma, and also on another fact : all we are here as guest, and we MUST respect our hosts/hostess,. In more thai personns sometimes look at us like "evils", then no need to show them how bad we are.

For my part, I am scare if I do something like that (buy a diploma) I will be arrested, deported and blacklisted, I don't need to go back in france between 2 policemen.

Best regards

Eric

At the risk of appearing to be an ogre let me point out the following. Most English teaching jobs in LOS pay about 300-500baht/hour. Presuming that one can only do 3-4 one hour sessions per day one would only be able to afford a flop in the Khao San Road with shared cockroaches and facilities and khaoow phat or kwietieo 3 times per day as a reward. Hardly the renumeration that a professional expects. No problem for backpackers though.

Even at the low end, that's 900 baht a day or 18,000 baht a month if one had weekends off. Only enough for a flop on Khao San?????

Why would  anyone bother to answer this dumb buffalo.

Havent we got enough cheaters and liars in this fair City.

I hope (for you) that we will never meet.

I am disgusted

Joern

BangkokExpats

I wrtite this as a personal opinion, not an opinion of the Bangkok Expats Club