Mobile Phone Sync Software

chiang mai

Can anyone recommend any decent freeware that will allow me to download my Nokia phone book to my PC, update it and then reload to the phone. I've tried Nokia Suite which does not work well and am looking for alternatives. Mote: this is cable connect

Can anyone recommend any decent freeware that will allow me to download my Nokia phone book to my PC, update it and then reload to the phone. I've tried Nokia Suite which does not work well and am looking for alternatives. Mote: this is cable connect

Check to see is you have the latest version of Nokia Suite. I think the newest version, at least what I have is 6.85.14.1. It works fine. The older versions had a lot of problems. I can backup, store or change files via Bluetooth or cable. One problem with updating the Nokia phone software itself is that it can't be done via Bluetooth. You will need a cable. Updating the Nokia Suite is pretty easy because the phone does not have to be connected.

Check to see is you have the latest version of Nokia Suite. I think the newest version, at least what I have is 6.85.14.1. It works fine. The older versions had a lot of problems. I can backup, store or change files via Bluetooth or cable. One problem with updating the Nokia phone software itself is that it can't be done via Bluetooth. You will need a cable. Updating the Nokia Suite is pretty easy because the phone does not have to be connected.

Thanks for the reply. I am indeed using the newest version of NS but I think the problem lies in part in the phone. I'm using a fairly old but hugely rugged and reliable 5140i and when using NS the Contacts list downloads to the PC with blank fields! Years ago I had a very simple program that downloaded the date from a phone and this could then be changed in Excel, saved as a TXT file and then uploaded again. Was hoping someone had something similar in use.

Hi :o

The newest versions of Nokia's PC Suite are often NOT backwards-compatible with older phones! And the 5140i is a series 40 device which requires different PC Suite than Symbian (S60) devices.

Go here: http://europe.nokia.com/A4144905 then select your phone (type "5140i" in the "Quick Search" box) and click "download".

Note: You MUST uninstall any other version of PC Suite that you have currently installed, inclusive all data cable (DKU-5 etc) drivers! Nokia's PC suite doesn't like several versions on the same machine, i have extensive experience with that crap (having to "manage" an old S40 and a new S60 phone, the only option is Nokia PC suite for the S60 and Oxygen or similar for the S40).

Best regards....

Thanh

Hi :o

The newest versions of Nokia's PC Suite are often NOT backwards-compatible with older phones! And the 5140i is a series 40 device which requires different PC Suite than Symbian (S60) devices.

Go here: http://europe.nokia.com/A4144905 then select your phone (type "5140i" in the "Quick Search" box) and click "download".

Note: You MUST uninstall any other version of PC Suite that you have currently installed, inclusive all data cable (DKU-5 etc) drivers! Nokia's PC suite doesn't like several versions on the same machine, i have extensive experience with that crap (having to "manage" an old S40 and a new S60 phone, the only option is Nokia PC suite for the S60 and Oxygen or similar for the S40).

Best regards....

Thanh

You're a prince amongst men - thanks.

• 2 years later...

Reviving an older thread here to ask whether anyone has tried the latest version of Oxygen Phone Manage, ie OxyCube. It appears to do much the same thing but adds better music and media transfers I believe. It's also twice the size, 28M rather than 12M. But I assume the general functionality would also have been upgraded. Just wonder if anyone has tried it, esp in comparions to the older Oxygen Phone Manager.