Thailand A Good Place To Be Living In The

Nemesis

Nemesis Posted on Mon 2004-09-13, 08:56:35

Please don't tell me that the oil companies don't utilize the US military to protect their oil investments.
I AM saying that because you have it backwards Nem. Yes, the US Military will fight to protect the interest of the United States as any country would. But the US military isn't a the security force for any particular company. BTW the oil industry that I mentioned earlier is a French company.

The US foreign policy is by no means fool proof (As I'm sure it is fool proof where ever you come from, Falklands maybe?).

BUT

You said:

Any thief or criminal (referring to the American troops) or robber who enters another country (Arab) in order to steal (the oil) should expect to be exposed to murder at any time.

Where is the thievery? The thievery is with the leaders of those countries who don't distribute the unbelievably high profits that the US and other countries pay to them for their state owned oil. You rightly state that these used and abused citizens exist but you wrongly assume use and abuse is coming from the US or other countries. If there was no interferrence, which may be right or wrong, this abuse would continue unabated. Those troops are exposed to murder because of those powerful few in that area who want to keep or wish to take over this incredibly high income and continue to not share it with the people of that country.

Sorry Nem but your rose colored glasses are fogged up a bit. Remember, an open mind is a wonderful thing but it allows almost anyone to pour almost anything in.

I am in Thailand because of it's basic premise of tolerance I love that about Thai people. But you mess with a Thai's stuff and you will receive his wrath as well.

:o Coffee!!! :D

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I AM saying that because you have it backwards Nem.  Yes, the US Military will fight to protect the interest of the United States as any country would.

Excuse me there Mr. Caffiene: Protecting the interests of the people of the United States is quite a different from protecting the interests of the corporations domiciled in the US.

“I spent 33 years in the Marines. Most of my time being a high-class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer for capitalism. “I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-1912. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenue in. I helped in the rape of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. “War is a racket.”

General Smedley D. Butler

former U.S. Marine Commandant

in Common Sense

November 1935

General Smedley was just that, a General in the Marines for 33 years. I'll take his word over yours any day. "War is a racket."

Maybe will get to find out how much oil the US is stealing from Iraq someday. Over $1 billion is missing in US taxpayer money in the bogus war effort so far.

Nemesis Posted on Mon 2004-09-13, 15:16:05

Excuse me there Mr. Caffiene: Protecting the interests of the people of the United States is quite a different from protecting the interests of the corporations domiciled in the US.

Maybe one day the oil supply will run out and the world will realize that they don't need it. Meantime back in reality... Do you think these companies are in business and making money because what they offer is of no interest to the people of the WORLD?

How much does it cost to refine a bottle of water and how much is that stuff per litre? There's a racket for you.

Soldiers are people thay have as many varied opinions as everyone else. My old grandpappy used to say "Opinions are like bungholes, every body has one and most of 'em stink".

:o Coffee!!! :D

Maybe one day the oil supply will run out and the world will realize that they don't need it.

Peak Oil (we have reached in peak in the production of oil) was according to some, the reasonm the US went to war in Iraq.

Some people say we will never run out.

Time to decide which side your on, because wars are being fought over oil.

1. The US government attacked our own land!!!!   Give me a break 

2. So Pearl harbor was attacked by americans flying japenese planes???

1. Yep, hold that thought. It will come in very handy as you digest the world's most important current events.

2. No, never said anything about Pearl Harbor. It's you who immediately went to some weird extreme erroneous analogy to try to discredit what was plainly stated as a fact. A government with the US government attacked the WTC and the Pentagon as justification to then attack Iraq and Iran next, not to mention Afghanistan.

And I believe we are in the midst of WWIII, started by the US to control the world's oil supply, among other things, antoher of which is to destroy Israel's enemies.

"Believe what you see, not what you think."

I believed what i saw and i believe your an idiot the US government is going to attack it's own soil and then shell out millions to the families of the victims A friend of mine I showed him your thread he was there the day of the attack and he also thinks your an idiot.

Number One the US had all the authority to attack Iraq Iraq during the 90's attacked our Jet fighters patrolling the No fly zones North and South. I know you never said anything about pearl harbor I beat you to the punch I read that the president at that time knew of the attack before it even happend So What The japanese still attacked.

So you think this is about oil!!!! So what stops the US military to take the Iraqi oil and just leave then?? Also there are bigger deposits of oil in Russia and South america why dosen't the US invade those countrys Isreal dosen't need the U S's help when it became a country Sir I'm not sure if it was 5 or 3 arab country's attacked it and isreal beat all there a$$e$

What this thread is about is if, [the biggest word in the English language,]if we are in the midst of a world wide war that may affect virtually every SEA country in some way, especially if there is a cut off of the supply of oil for any length of time, is Thailand a good country to be in and if so, why?

Well I let the oil be where it is and answer the question above.

No, because In a war I belive "head of state" should be respected for what he is and not for what he have, have auotority and still be liked when he not can give away money and promises but only orders, and show excellent leadership even if he must suffer as his people, and not to forget, be able to say Yes or No, not both.

Foreigner`s are "very" popular here now and I guess that would increase a lot if the main population suffer.