Birth Announcement

Joel Barlow

Congratulations....my boy was born just over five months ago. It was the greatest thing to ever happen to me. I hope that you got lots of sleep prior to the birth as the days of a full nights sleep have ended.

Congrats to you both. Our son is 2 1/2 and it's changed our life, for the better most of the time. Take lots of pictures, lots and lots, and if you have a digital post a pic for us.. :o

PS:- Don't volunteer to help with the laundry. :D

Congratulations to you both.

My son will be 4 in August and I am 60 years older than him.

He came as a surprise to both my wife and me and I still love him to bits.

Try to help your wife as much as you can.

Alos try to speak english to your wife and son as much as you can and let your wife speak only Thai to him. That way hopefully he will be able to speak and more importantly understand both languages and get a better life from the start.

Try to read to him as well and get him interested in books. I read a lot but my wife not so much. :o:D :D

Great Pic, thanks for posting it.

Alos try to speak english to your wife and son as much as you can and let your wife speak only Thai to him. That way hopefully he will be able to speak and more importantly understand both languages and get a better life from the start.

Try to read to him as well and get him interested in books. I read a lot but my wife not so much. :o:D :D

I'll second that. We both speak english and Thai to our son in the house. Sometimes when a child is in a 2 language household they take a bit longer to speak but they soon catch up. That can be a bit concerning when you see other kids talking away and yours is not at the same level, but not to worry.

We also use the Thai/English books that are in both languages. My wife is the one that reads to him most, she reads the book in Thai and then reads it again in English. He loves it. There are also some good dual language VCD's available. Most are designed for kids to learn Thai but they work the other way around as well.

:D

3.5 kilos, between 6 and 7 p.m. Jan 18, 2008, Eugene Joel Barlow born at Chiangrai Regional hospital,

Mother Nasu (Muay) lahu-na doing fine.

:D:D:D:o

Must be the season for it - sister in law just had a 3.7 kilo daughter two days ago.

Congratulations and best wishes to Joel and Nasu

CB

sincere congrats Joel. Wonder how long before he has his dad's booming baritone voice.

lots of good comments about the benefits of reading to/with kids. I might add having music (not loud) in the environment: classical, jazz. He won't be able to avoid Thai bubblegum pop (is there a law that no one over the age of 21 can record Thai songs?) but hopefully the kid won't get too much of it blasting his environment.