Does Criminal Record Affect Thai Visa Results?

I have a misdemeanor assault charge in USA and I was going to apply for a 1 year non immigrant O visa at the consulate in Los Angeles by mail. Has anyone heard of this affecting anything? Is this the kind of thing they look for when granting visas? I can't work normal jobs in USA that I used to be able to work because of this (because even though its a misdemeanor, employers consider it bad because its considered a violent crime) so I wonder if they look at it.

Confused, here's a directory http://www.thaiembdc.org/directry/direc_e.htm

Honorary consulates appear to be staffed by regular American folk. Whether or

not that works to your advantage I really can't say. You didn't specify what type

of non-imm you wished to apply for. Lopburi3 and Maestro are really the guys

that have the knowledge about these things. It gives me a headache.

You're not alone, we're all on a database somewhere. They're still after me for

that library book I failed to return in high school. The humanity of it all. :o

Where is known as an easy place to get this visa in USA?

It depends on what basis you are applying for a non-O visa. Since you do not wish to tell us, it would be best if you simply called the Thai consulate in your area and discussed it with them.

--

Maestro

It depends on what basis you are applying for a non-O visa. Since you do not wish to tell us, it would be best if you simply called the Thai consulate in your area and discussed it with them.

--

Maestro

Dear Maestro,

I wish to apply for a 1 year B multiple entries. I am a EU-citizen and I currently live and work in Germany. Have you heard of a consulate in Germany which is known as an easier place than others to get this kind of visa?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

I wish to apply for a 1 year B multiple entries. I am a EU-citizen and I currently live and work in Germany. Have you heard of a consulate in Germany which is known as an easier place than others to get this kind of visa?

munich, goes the easy way, (in the past, but seems to be still the same). but maybe you must come up with some resident permit if you are not a german. maybe because i am not sure, then if you apply in UK you must be a resident if you are not a UK national. google for the tel number, call and ask at the munich consulate.

then print out the form from here on the bottom of the page http://www.thaiembassy.de/consul/13_visa.htm

the fee of 120 euro and a prepaid envelope with your address and a letter with a good story, well grounded, just written by yourself why you need a Non-b. send it. should be enough of paperwork in munich. 2,3,4 days later you have your passport back, very fast. don't try it at the embassy in berlin. they go the bureaucratic way.

good luck.

munich, goes the easy way, (in the past, but seems to be still the same). but maybe you must come up with some resident permit if you are not a german. maybe because i am not sure, then if you apply in UK you must be a resident if you are not a UK national. google for the tel number, call and ask at the munich consulate.

then print out the form from here on the bottom of the page http://www.thaiembassy.de/consul/13_visa.htm

the fee of 120 euro and a prepaid envelope with your address and a letter with a good story, well grounded, just written by yourself why you need a Non-b. send it. should be enough of paperwork in munich. 2,3,4 days later you have your passport back, very fast. don't try it at the embassy in berlin. they go the bureaucratic way.

good luck.

There is no residential qualification for westerners applying for a Thai Visa in the UK.

--

Maestro

Dear Maestro,

http://www.thaikonsulat.de/index2.html

the best of all.

PM me if u need any advice