Saving/producing Big File

tigerbeer

I have both my partitions formatted as FAT32. Realised that everytime I need to save a file more than 4GB, it tells me that disc is full. Read somewhere that FAT32 discs do not allow files larger than 4GB. Definately cannot format any of my partitions but is there any way around this to allow files more than 4GB's? or not options?

TB

I have both my partitions formatted as FAT32. Realised that everytime I need to save a file more than 4GB, it tells me that disc is full. Read somewhere that FAT32 discs do not allow files larger than 4GB. Definately cannot format any of my partitions but is there any way around this to allow files more than 4GB's? or not options?

TB

What type of files? Is splitting them an option? How about converting the partitions to NTFS?

Personally I wouldn't suggest the converting with XP! I had bad experience about that.

One of the best programs for to do a convert is Acronis Disk Director, not a freeware but extremly usefull for many different actions with Harddisk's!

4.1 GByte is the maximum you can uns on Fat32. The only other option is to splitt the file in several parts.

thank you everyone for your replies. the file that i need to create is an ISO image. so the option of splitting them is not doable. its in fact various files and directories that needs to be made an ISO.

how does one convert from FAT32 to NTFS? do it within XP?

Reimar, thanks, am sourcing out Acronis Disk Director "special version" right now.

Edited by tigerbeer

Converting from FAT32 to NTFS is possible, but not recommended. There have been many reports of various glitches occurring in partitions that have been converted that way. Best practice is to backup, delete the partition, and create a new one (NTFS).

Converting from FAT32 to NTFS is possible, but not recommended. There have been many reports of various glitches occurring in partitions that have been converted that way. Best practice is to backup, delete the partition, and create a new one (NTFS).

Thanks FF, i figures as much!. will have to just do that i guess..