Thai Massage - House Visits

torrenova

With the little baby, the wife and I have far less time to get out and about and one thing we regularly did was to get foot and traditional Thai massages. I wonder if anyone knows of anyone or any massage shop which does outcalls ? I don't mean "happy endings" or anything above that which you would get in a down town massage shop.

If so, please post up.

go to the nearest massage clinics, ask for the best therapists, check how good they are.

explain to them that you need treatments at your home and take their phone numbers.

massage therapists earn 50% of the shop rate + tips, so if you offer 75% of the shop rate to the therapist and pay for 10h in advance than she and you will have a good deal

Agreed.

(Though nobody in this country pays for anything in advance, and for good reason). By all means give them (half of) one session in advance plus perhaps some transportation money, but in general you don't pay for anything in advance unless there's truly no other way.)

Try A.N.G. Healing Touch, 382/26 Moo 9, Pattaya 2nd Road, opposite Caesar Palace hotel. Tel 038-420357. Manit Chularatnaphol is Chief Therapist.

I had a good oil massage at Healing Touch for 300 baht. If the masseuse comes to your home it will be 300 plus transportation. This was some time ago - maybe prices have gone up.

There's a very big place on Pattaya Klang near, and on the same side as, Carrefour. Don't expect it to look like a shop, it's more like an old fashioned hotel. I've always found them very good with reasonable prices for either one or two-hour sessions, but I haven't been for a couple of months.

• 2 weeks later...

My favourite shop, now no longer in operation, used to charge Bt200 of which the girl reecived the grand sum of Bt70 plus tips. The most I have heard them getting was Bt90 from Bt200. No idea what they get from some of the cheaper places.

However, for a relatively uneducated Thai, Bt100 or thereabouts is more akin to a day's wage rather than an hours (notwithstanding the much greater living costs in Pattaya than the village).

I don't know if the girls in the regular shops will travel if they know you but from South Pattaya to my house is a BT60 motorbike ride of perhaps 15 minutes so two hours massage would net her say Bt80*2 in the shop plus tip so perhaps the same Bt160, plus Bt120 travelling unless she has her own bike and a tip, perhaps rounding it to Bt400 ?

What you may not know, is that massage therapists offer this very service to hotels.

The cost? 200 baht for two hours of Thai massage. 300 baht for two hours of Oil Massage. Yes, those are the correct prices. The reception/ist adds what he/she chooses.

In my case, that is nothing.

Twenty four hour call out.

I'll try to get the details for interested parties. A PM may get them, in case I don't return to this thread.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

Sorry, yes I am darkside, near Soi Khaotalo. I've never used one near the village but you're right, there must be some. My problem is that some I have seen out in the sticks are non aircon with cheap prices and you wonder why a good masseuse would work there for less cash than in Pattaya ?