Dealing With The Cold

Lizphuket

Sitting here in the heat in Phuket it seems like a silly question to ask but my boyfriend keeps telling me how cold it is in Mae Rim now. I am moving up there to live in March and I am wondering if I should think about some form of heating for at least the bedroom and, if so, what is available. Any advice from ex-pats would be appreciated or am I worrying unnecessarily?

Sitting here in the heat in Phuket it seems like a silly question to ask but my boyfriend keeps telling me how cold it is in Mae Rim now. I am moving up there to live in March and I am wondering if I should think about some form of heating for at least the bedroom and, if so, what is available. Any advice from ex-pats would be appreciated or am I worrying unnecessarily?

You will not need to worry about the cold in March but depending on how much your blood has thinned in the Thai climate and assuming that you stay until the end of the year you may need to consider an extra blanket for December and January.

JxP

where is your bf originally from?

He is from Mae Rim so really he should be used to the climate but was living with me in Phuket for the last 2 years. Perhaps he has grown soft! I have sent him a duvet that I brought over from England but the continual complaints about how cold he is had started me worrying.

Some years can be quite cold, but not this one. I predict that I will be back swimming every day by the beginning of February and I'm a cold water wimp! :o

You swim General? Take my advice and watch out for Japanese whalers. :D

Seriously, my advice is to buy extra blankets and don't get out of bed until the sun's well over the yard arm.

My Mum always used to say that it's easy to keep warm when it's cold but more difficult to keep cool in the hot weather.

Some years can be quite cold, but not this one. I predict that I will be back swimming every day by the beginning of February and I'm a cold water wimp! :D

You swim General? Take my advice and watch out for Japanese whalers. :D

You seem to have outrun them, or did Greenpeace have to step in and save the day? :o

It's depend where you live, I was working in Chiangmai 6 years ago, in a resort 20 km. from Chiangmai and it was 4-5 degree C in the night and 7-8 degree C in the morning until afternoon, very cold for me in that time. In my idea,in general temparature in March is between 16 (in the night)-32 degree C and the most warm in the year is in April.

If you live in the mountain, it will be cold more than in the city. I have been visit my friend who live in the mountain in Mae Taeng and was quiet cold (4-5 degree c) too.