Re: Setting A Company In Bangkok (from Singapore)

Hi all,

I stumbled upon this website and I find it has some good information. But I need more advice on how to exactly go about setting up a foreign-owned (Singapore owner) office in thailand?

Questions like

1) What kind of company (pte ltd?) can allow foreign ownership and what is the maximum percentage of foreign ownership?

2) what would be the shareholder and director structure be like?

3) Can this company be a revenue generating one? Can it provide services and get PO (purchase orders) from the local thai companies?

Can someone help?

or any companies that offer service to do everything for me in singapore?

Thanks!

Dumbeedum

Hi all,

I stumbled upon this website and I find it has some good information. But I need more advice on how to exactly go about setting up a foreign-owned (Singapore owner) office in thailand?

Questions like

1) What kind of company (pte ltd?) can allow foreign ownership and what is the maximum percentage of foreign ownership?

3) Can this company be a revenue generating one? Can it provide services and get PO (purchase orders) from the local thai companies?

Can someone help?

Thanks!

Dumbeedum

You would be foolish to rely on an open forum for answers to questions like these. Find referrals at embassy websites or international banks and engage proper legal counsel for advice.

Edited by klikster

Hi there,

thanks for the advice. But I thought there might be someone who successfully setup an office in Bangkok before and have navigated past all the red tapes and procedures.

Frankly the websites for Thai's Depart of Foreign Business is really not that easily understandable or maybe I am the idiot here? :o

There are many firms offering assistance in setting up such companies. Look at the paid ads on these forums, or goggle for it.

Foreign ownership is generally 49%, but it depends on the business. There are also prohibited and restricted businesses.

Hi all,

Questions like

Can someone help?

Thanks!

Dumbeedum

Sunbelt has a office on Orchard Road in Singapore. However all questions in regards to setting up a company in BKk would be handled in Thailand.

Your questions are very broad and any answers would have to be as well. So many " if and buts"

What type of business are you looking to set up?

Feel free to contact us. We are the main sponsor of ThaiVisa.com since 2002

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com