Underwater Camera Housings

procyon

This is probably a long shot but can you buy underwater camera housings in Thailand?

I have a Sony DSC-W80 and a Nikon D70s that I'd love to take down there, seen the Sony housing (which is in my budget range!) on the Ikelite website but don't know if or where you can get them here.

Yes indeed, you can ger u/w housings in Thailand but right now I don't have any names or other info for you. I see them at trade shows all the time, but never bother to pick up their cards.

Try a Google, I googled 'underwater housing thailand' and this was on top

Good luck

For the OP - you can order Ikelite housings in Bangkok at Divemaster on Soi Asoke. They ship it in direct from Ikelite in the USA. I have used them twice and they've been very helpful. It's not cheap with the shipping fees etc. There's full info here

Alternatively you could fly down to Singapore and go to ScubaCam (www.scubacam.com.sg) - they have a lot of stuff in stock but obviously best to email them first. I got my Ikelite Nikon D70 housing from them. They were pretty helpful. One tip though - if you're going to use your credit card to pay for it (and it's bloody expensive) you might want to reconsider - my 3 cards got refused by their CC machine despite being all kosher due to some Singaporean flag on teh transaction amount. I won't pretend I understand exactly what happened, but bottom line was they couldn't accept my cards. I had to get my Singporean friend to pay for me and then pay her back. Not ideal.

From the Ikelite website they have 3 dealers in Thailand.

Dive Masters Co. Inc.

Bangkok, Thailand

Phone: 66-2-2593191

Fax #: 66-2-2593197

e-mail: [email protected]

Seat Co. Ltd

Bangkok, Thailand

Pho: 66-2-2350605

Fax: 66-2-2363921

One Stop Dive Centre

Krabi, Thailand

Phone: 66-75-637926

Fax #: 66-75-637929

I prefer Seat , opposite side of Charoen Krung to the post office.

Cheers