Registered Post In Thailand, Is It Reliable?

mixed

I have to send a large heavy package within Thailand, the cost via EMS is over 2K,

The recipeint has asked for registered post, has anyone had experience with this? Anything get lost?

The package is worth a bit and I'd hate it if it went missing.

I have to send a large heavy package within Thailand, the cost via EMS is over 2K,

The recipeint has asked for registered post, has anyone had experience with this? Anything get lost?

The package is worth a bit and I'd hate it if it went missing.

Never had a problem. Needless to say EMS is nearly foolproof. You pay your money and take the choice, but I think we're talking small risk here really.

Thanks for the quick response. Have you sent many packages? The total value of this one is around 25K

That's a fair old sum. I'd think seriously about EMS, and possibly explore other options. Wait if you can, look around first

Thanks for the quick response. Have you sent many packages? The total value of this one is around 25K

You can add insurance as an extra service to a registered parcel. Ask at the post office.

Yes excellent post (no pun intended) . I'd go with this.

I sent a letter by registered post to Surrey in the UK. From Ranong, within 24 hours it was out of the country. It sat at the PO near Gatwick for 10 days. The letter was correctly addressed etc. The intended recipient had to travel 50 miles with my proof of posting emailed, to collect the document.

Edited by Mosha

I know that a 10kg EMS parcel costs 472 baht, not including packaging so yours must be a biggun! While EMS can be tracked it doesn't have the added security of someone signing off on receipt of the parcel. My husband (& I) run a small post office in our village and parcels occasionally don't arrive....that is until they are traced by the main post office in town where it is always, 100% of the time traced to the post office in the area of delivery...packages too big for the posty to carry when he has a lot of other mail, often sits in the office until it's remembered!! So, if it's big and valuable def. go the registered post.