Thai Going On Holiday To The Uk

Im looking to gather some infomation about the possability of a Thai getting a visa to go on holiday to the UK. I am wanting to bring my girlfriend over to the UK before i return to thailand and then we both travel back to thailand together.

Is it possible for a thai to get a tourist visa or anything simular to come to the UK on a holiday and if so how much will it cost, how long will the visa last for, and how can i go about getting the visa for her.

Thanks

Mike

Im looking to gather some infomation about the possability of a Thai getting a visa to go on holiday to the UK. I am wanting to bring my girlfriend over to the UK before i return to thailand and then we both travel back to thailand together.

Is it possible for a thai to get a tourist visa or anything simular to come to the UK on a holiday and if so how much will it cost, how long will the visa last for, and how can i go about getting the visa for her.

Thanks

Mike

Do a search on this forum because there's loads of threads on the same subject. In a nutshell: it's a straight forward process as long as your girlfriend meets all the requirements and provides adequate proof, the key ones being that there are sufficient funds (in the eyes of Embassy staff, not yours) to support the visit, and, there is sufficient reason to believe that she will return home at the end of the visit. On the latter, good reasons include that she has a job to return to or that she owns real estate in Thailand. Google British Embassy Thailand for details of the application agency cost etc.

Thanks

Mike

Do a search on this forum because there's loads of threads on the same subject. In a nutshell: it's a straight forward process as long as your girlfriend meets all the requirements and provides adequate proof, the key ones being that there are sufficient funds (in the eyes of Embassy staff, not yours) to support the visit, and, there is sufficient reason to believe that she will return home at the end of the visit. On the latter, good reasons include that she has a job to return to or that she owns real estate in Thailand. Google British Embassy Thailand for details of the application agency cost etc.

thanks for the reply yes upon posting this i have found a few topics that seem to have answered some of ym questions, thanks for the advice.

Thanks

Mike

thanks for the reply yes upon posting this i have found a few topics that seem to have answered some of ym questions, thanks for the advice.

Some free advice, it's a major pain trying to get a tourist visa to the UK, I tried for 7 months to get one for my g/f and was knocked back twice, I supplied all the info they wanted and more then asked for every item I had sent to be sent again just to make sure that everything was above board and I could supply another copy at a moments notice.

I'm self employed in the UK and have a fairly good business with adequate funds in the bank but that it seems wasn't good enough, it all comes down to the mood of the person issuing the visa and if your face fits, in the end we got a fiancee visa and got married.

My g/f wasn't a bar girl and didn't have a criminal record and I more than met the requiements set by the embassay but they weren't interested and so I had to pay the application fee every time and that their is the problem, if they keep refusing tourist visa's then people have to keep paying, more applications = more money, pretty easy to work out after the fact but then it is Thailand, although I still love the country and the people, I hate the officials. Rant over, hope you are more succesful than me Mike, good luck

Brigante7

Thanks

Mike

Some free advice, it's a major pain trying to get a tourist visa to the UK, I tried for 7 months to get one for my g/f and was knocked back twice, I supplied all the info they wanted and more then asked for every item I had sent to be sent again just to make sure that everything was above board and I could supply another copy at a moments notice.

I'm self employed in the UK and have a fairly good business with adequate funds in the bank but that it seems wasn't good enough, it all comes down to the mood of the person issuing the visa and if your face fits, in the end we got a fiancee visa and got married.

My g/f wasn't a bar girl and didn't have a criminal record and I more than met the requiements set by the embassay but they weren't interested and so I had to pay the application fee every time and that their is the problem, if they keep refusing tourist visa's then people have to keep paying, more applications = more money, pretty easy to work out after the fact but then it is Thailand, although I still love the country and the people, I hate the officials. Rant over, hope you are more succesful than me Mike, good luck

Brigante7

My experiance is the dead opposite, very easy in fact. In all the belly aching you have written you have not once said the offical reason why she was knocked back. What was the reason?

Thanks

Mike

Brigante7

My experiance is the dead opposite, very easy in fact. In all the belly aching you have written you have not once said the offical reason why she was knocked back. What was the reason?

The reason she was given for her refusal was that I was an illegal immigrant in the UK and my UK passport was fake despite the fact that I was born and raised in Scotland and paid income tax and national insurance for 20 years but hey what do I know? I'm just a law abiding, tax paying citizen, and the staff in the embassy wouldn't know there back sides from a gole in the ground.

The reason she was given for her refusal was that I was an illegal immigrant in the UK and my UK passport was fake despite the fact that I was born and raised in Scotland and paid income tax and national insurance for 20 years but hey what do I know? I'm just a law abiding, tax paying citizen, and the staff in the embassy wouldn't know there back sides from a gole in the ground.

That's a very strange answer from the Embassy, I presume you challenged their reasoning with the manager, if only for your own protecion, what was the answer?

Brigante7

I had exactly the same experience, the reason given was that they didn't believe the trip was genuine.

Worked out well in the end, I moved over here instead. We split up after a few months, and I met a fantastic girl 18 months ago and never been happier.

Back on topic, I think that now the immigration service has been privatised they are operating on a quota system, and if they've already met their quota for that month/ quarter or whatever, then you have no chance. They are also asking for a £1000 'deposit' now so it should be easier, but sadly is not.

I had exactly the same experience, the reason given was that they didn't believe the trip was genuine.

Worked out well in the end, I moved over here instead. We split up after a few months, and I met a fantastic girl 18 months ago and never been happier.

Wouldn't that suggest that their vision was far better than yours and that you should be thanking them instead of knocking them :o

Edited by Mahout Angrit

....I think that now the immigration service has been privatised they are operating on a quota system, and if they've already met their quota for that month/ quarter or whatever, then you have no chance. They are also asking for a £1000 'deposit' now so it should be easier, but sadly is not.

The I.S. has not (as yet) been privatised. What has happened is the process of taking in the visa applications and returning documents to applicants has been contracted out. For the time being the actual decision is made by a U.K. civil servant.

Also, although the idea of a bond has been mooted for visitors, it has not actually been implemented yet. Additionally, going by the government's consultation paper, the bond would not be required in respect of every visitor; just those whom the visa officer judges to be 50/50 cases.

Scouse.

Wouldn't that suggest that their vision was far better than yours and that you should be thanking them instead of knocking them :o

Yes you are right, but it was till dam_n infuriating at the time.

Yes you are right, but it was till dam_n infuriating at the time.

I didn't realise that UK Visas are now certified match makers and relationship consultants. I also didn't realise that any intended holiday or trip abroad should only be with the person you eventually end up getting married to.

Many people are in "genuine" relationships but can end up splitting up further down the line.

I didn't realise that UK Visas are now certified match makers and relationship consultants. I also didn't realise that any intended holiday or trip abroad should only be with the person you eventually end up getting married to.

Many people are in "genuine" relationships but can end up splitting up further down the line.

Correct (well not the bit about about being consultants :o ) but he said.....

"they didn't consider the trip was genuine", not that the relationship wasn't genuine. :D

Correct (well not the bit about about being consultants :o ) but he said.....

"they didn't consider the trip was genuine", not that the relationship wasn't genuine. :D

That maybe so in that case but how many times do we hear on here that the reason for the declining the application, is that ECO didn't believe the reason was genuine. I.E. the applicant failing to know what the sponsors parents names were or what they did for a living. Questions like that don't prove either way whether a relationship is genuine or not, as in most cases they have never even met the family. My Mrs learned the names and jobs of my family for the application but ever since she came here, she calls my mother "mama". I bet she can no longer remember my mothers real name. :D

You know I asked a serious question and quite clearly the answer isn't serious. Some people around here are more than happy to complain about getting thr rough end of the pineapple, but never tell the full story. The bottom line is if they refused they would have had a valid reason, they do not work on quota systems, nor does it depend on the mood of the person processing the application.