Saving Money!

Tatler

1) Can you save money from your salary??

2) Do you have a lump sum that is safety money if anything goes pear-shaped??

3) Do you need to borrow money from others near the end of the month??

4) Can you budget??

In my opinon most people struggle to do this, and i can't understand why!! Any idea's from you wasters out there.....

Simple, it is called a vicious circle... Once you are in there you are going down..

I do not really have to budget, I do not really have to save and if something happens to me, money will come in a few minutes... (From my home)...

The thing is that we usually spend more than we earn, some people have GF's that are not working or are spending also (just like I do) and therefore the salary we get is not enough to save anything...

30000B a month...

7000B house

10000Bfood

10000Bshopping

5000BParty...

Money jumps and run down here...

Simple, it is called a vicious circle... Once you are in there you are going down..

I do not really have to budget, I do not really have to save and if something happens to me, money will come in a few minutes... (From my home)...

The thing is that we usually spend more than we earn, some people have GF's that are not working or are spending also (just like I do) and therefore the salary we get is not enough to save anything...

30000B a month...

7000B house

10000Bfood

10000Bshopping

5000BParty...

everyone makes their own choices in life and only they can do anything about it!! If they want to wallow in self-pity and blame everything and everyone else RATHER than themself then deserve everything that they get :o:D

<1> everyone makes their own choices in life and only they can do anything about it!!

<2> If they want to wallow in self-pity and blame everything and everyone else RATHER than themself then deserve everything that they get :o:D

IMO, these are 2 different attributes... the same people who "wallow in self-pity and blame everything and everyone else" because of their 'poor' choices would - if they had made 'good' choices - debase, demean and degrade those that have made 'poor' choices.

... on the other hand, there are those who have matured into adulthood :D

Edited by nakhonsiron

30000B a month...

7000B house

10000Bfood

10000Bshopping

5000BParty...

everyone makes their own choices in life and only they can do anything about it!! If they want to wallow in self-pity and blame everything and everyone else RATHER than themself then deserve everything that they get :o:D

&lt;deleted&gt;....i dont think snowflake is wallowing in self-pity just answering the OP's question, the fact is when your on 30k month it's hard to save, so what is wrong with him saying that....strange person

Nope, I don't really save any money each month. But I usually find I have a small (3k average) surplus at payday. However this never seems to add up as I tend to think "Well, I may as well go out and have some fun!".

I suppose if I were to stop eating western food, drinking decent liquor and going away on the weekends, I could save a decent amount of scratch.... but why would I do that?! :o

30000B a month...

7000B house

10000Bfood

10000Bshopping

5000BParty...

&lt;deleted&gt;....i dont think snowflake is wallowing in self-pity just answering the OP's question, the fact is when your on 30k month it's hard to save, so what is wrong with him saying that....strange person

For a fact it isn't 30,000b a month !! more likely 33,000 to 37,000 !! also rent is on average here is 5000baht, food if your not a fat basta*d should be 7,000b to 8,000b !! shopping well thats up to them !!

Why would you ever want to live somewhere if you could survive off your salary?? What would these people be doing if they returned to their home countries?? what job?? lifestyle??

At the end of the day everything depends on what you do !!

4) Can you budget??

In my opinon most people struggle to do this, and i can't understand why!! Any idea's from you wasters out there.....

1) yes

2) Little bit but not enough

3) Not since moving to Thailand

4) No, but the wife can!

HAHAHA so I am a fat bastard now, thanks tatler (wait, hold, diaw, yes I am a fat bastard)...

So I am stupid for answering his post? You are stupid for calling me stupid... The budget I put up does not count for what I do, mine is in a surplus every month till I start spending money playing golf and having fun... Does that make me bad?

Am I complaining here that my salary is not enugh? I think I make enough money?NO but there are people here that makes less than I am and I can see why they struggle at the end of the month... just to survive... If you can live off thai food, good... I can not, I do not like Thai food... personal opinion.

Have a nice day sirs,

4) Can you budget??

To awnser your questions.

1) we can save around 800K baht a year. It is al about planning and OT.

2) We have about 300K baht safety money a year.

3) We do not like to loan.

4) Yes we can budget the most according to a preset system,... Make a balance,.. and then try to point out the minimum that can be saved, you always choose a slightly lower amounth for saving then it is in reality, the difference between those two i like to call spare money, so there is always a minimum of savings, and a maximum is not really known, It always helps to set a goal to save for, again with this you plan for example,... i want to buy a house at 2 million Baht,.. so i must save/budget 3 million before buying it,.. now i have 150% and can live up to all expectations and have a backup plan if changes occur.

Now the key is to eat of some expenses like phone bills, elec bills, spending money, try to budget that in on a higher amount then needed and then try to use much less then that, make it like a game,... how much can you get for less and always compare prices this takes more effort but can save you up to 100K a year.

Be realistic,.. do i really need a plasma tv,.. or is it just greed or show off.

Do i need to party on all weekend,... or should we settle for some biking and a romantic picnic.

Do i invest in more education so i might earn more salary? or do i stay stable and save the money.

Economics change, country policies change,.. so the more knowledge obtained will most likely get you a job all the time and therefore income all the time.

Save money and setup some business that people always need, a lot of competition,.. but almost always have some little profit out of it,.. thinking long terms helps me alot.

<1> everyone makes their own choices in life and only they can do anything about it!!

<2> If they want to wallow in self-pity and blame everything and everyone else RATHER than themself then deserve everything that they get :o:D

IMO, these are 2 different attributes... the same people who "wallow in self-pity and blame everything and everyone else" because of their 'poor' choices would - if they had made 'good' choices - debase, demean and degrade those that have made 'poor' choices.

... on the other hand, there are those who have matured into adulthood :D

On the other hand people choose to work in an environment where their life is at high risk with little or no thought for their nearest and dearest just so they can make money to save.

Cheers

4) Can you budget??

--> If I stop going to the islands and spending loads of money in a 2-3-days trip then yes! December and APril are the only months that i couldn't really save...coz in Dec, I have to factor in My bf's bday gift, Christmas gifts, Christmas Holiday and NY vacation. My school last year gave us 11 days off of work so I was pretty much broke by the end of the month!!! and then in APril, coz i usually visit home and it would mean buying pressies for my friends and family. And having a great time enjoying the Philippine Islands (A not so cheap Paradise to be in!!! But paradise just the same!)

--> Got some cash save in a bank for me son!

--> If i continue shopping even when i'm on a tight budget, then yes...Thank Pra-Jao I stop myself just in time! So, I reckon...No would be the most appropriate answer!!!

4) Can you budget??

--> My friends and family..even my bf might not be able to back me up on this one...but you see, despite appearances... I am able to budget what's left of my minuscule funds without any stress.. SO i guess with all honesty i could proudly say... I can!!!