Ipod Touch

dsys

I need a new PIM, mainly for time mangement. currently use an old sony CLIe with palm OS and datebook5.

I fancy the iPod touch, looks sexy. Can this function as a PIM with additional software if so what are the choices - any recommendations?

Not interested in an iphone.

I used to have a Sony Clié and loved it. The best PIM I have ever had, bud saddly, no phone. That's why I switched to Treo 680 and love it, although the date book is way below the Sony Clié's possibilities.

Incidentally, and because I love new toys, I just bought the iPod iTouch. I also downloaded and installed the additional programs (via iTunes)

but in my view, the agenda is not very practical and has only about 20% of the features of the good old Sony Clié. OK, it has Google Earth and it has an Internet browser (Safari) and the weather and and and, but I have all that and 1000 times more on my Treo 680. If only Treo would make a bigger screen!

The keyboard is rather cumbersome (I need to make many corrections, hitting the wrong key) and no notes can be attached to an appointment. And of course, no acoustic alarm.

Conclusion: the Sony Clié is the best PIM, keep it and get a small phone (Philips have the longest battery life). I know, that's 2 devices, then you get the best of both.