Smtp Port 25 Blocked By Tot?

Khun Jack

Having had major problems sending emails from Outlook via Yahoo.co.uk for nearly two weeks now, I have just changed my settings back to Port 25 this morning and it seems to be working OK again.

For all who have had similar problems, it may be worth trying the original settings again.

I had to make another client run because TOT started to block port 587 and the ssl port 465 but the good news is that the TOT's smtp.totisp.net server is funtioning (for now).

In the last month TOT DNS servers had problems, changed in the DNS setting for all pc's, for OpenDNS 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 .

I had a customer change over to the TOT server after the blocking and it's not going well. They are having a lot of email that never arrives at the recipient end and their emails are often detected and filed as spam because it's coming from the TOT server. You're not having any of these problems?

EDIT: Typo

Edited by Veazer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I am in Chiang Mai now and the place I am staying uses TOT for their internet. I can not send outgoing mails from my domain via Outlook, because apparently port 25 is blocked. I have tried every other port number listed here and none of them work. Can anyone help me?

i did call TOT but none of their suggestions (alternate port #s and SMTP addresses) helped

(p.s. is that what you mean?)

Edited by girlx

Only if it is ToT supplying your mail service. ToT is your Internet provider. You would need to contact the hosting service for your email... [email protected] you would need to contact the company that is hosting yyy.com mail services. They are the ones that will be able to provide you information on alternate ports for using their SMTP server for outbound mail. The only thing ToT could probably give you is information on using their SMTP server to (what is called) relay your email. The reason Internet providers block 25 is to prevent spamming. But most providers that do block port 25 will provide their own server for you to use. But as I re-read your previous post, it sounds as though you were given that server name and it did not work...

Quick example, as previously mentioned, the hosting company I am using for email provides port 587 for alternate access instead of port 25. They also allow secure (encrypted) authenticated (requires a login) access to the SMTP server over port 465. It really sounds a lot more difficult than it is. Just takes some time to work it out in your brain.

By the way, I would not hold much faith that ToT even has a clue. They are the only provider I can use to access the Internet where I stay and - well - they suck.