Super Bowl Viewing Party?

DaMan

Wondering if anyone has heard of any bars or restaurants showing the game live at 6 AM? I looked around briefly but did not see anything. Watched it a few years ago at True (bye bye) Blue in the back. Gotta see my Patriots do their thing, any info much appreciated..............D

Wondering if anyone has heard of any bars or restaurants showing the game live at 6 AM? I looked around briefly but did not see anything. Watched it a few years ago at True (bye bye) Blue in the back. Gotta see my Patriots do their thing, any info much appreciated..............D

I watched the last two years at the back of True Blue (the outback, or some such name) also. Good combo: good projection TV, decent food, big crowd. Had a great time, even though the Pats weren't playing in either one. Gotta find a decent alternative. I'll keep you posted.

Edited by calibanjr.

Ron at the Saloon is American and real macho with a big screen TV. He should be having some sort of a doo.

Ron just got a really clear, big screen TV at The Saloon 2 over near the UN Irish Pub and I'm pretty sure that they planned on watching it there.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Foxy Lady is going to be showing it on their 100" big screen. They said the bar won't be serving but you can bring your own drinks. But at 6am I may bring a coffee instead of a beer.

GO PATS!!!

Edited by bryuung

I've got 3.6k to win 2.5k on the Pats straight up. But got them 2 playoff games back and then again 1 playoff game back. Now they're at -490! The spread is 12 pts. i grew up in New England, and + the money...Let's go Patriots.

Is that 3.6k (imaginary, of course) dollahs (proper Boston pronunciation) or baht? I think it's a much better bet that way than the spread.

THE PUB will have the super bowl on its big screen. Doors open at 6am. Breakfast will be available

THE PUB will have the super bowl on its big screen. Doors open at 6am. Breakfast will be available

Many bars are open for the game, I will not go into the Salon(tired of listening to Ron bitch about anything and everything)

Many bars are open for the game, I will not go into the Salon(tired of listening to Ron bitch about anything and everything)

At this saloon?

post-39343-1201850895_thumb.jpg

^ "Many bars" ? Cool, you could name some bars showing the game and add something or you just dis someone and add nothing.

Never met Ron, maybe he does complain, I do not know. Do your thing, I participate in these boards to add something or at least provide an argument with some backing..........D

Really if you guys know of some bars please list them off... Would love to find a place thats serving breakfast and beer... a great way to start off the week. That and a PATS sweep!!!

I stopped by the Chiang Mai Saloon (near Paradise Pizza and the UN Irish) as mentioned above. Open at 530 a.m. with 129 THB all you can eat bfast. Should be able to eat a reasonable amount over the four hours (unless it's a blow-out). I'm gonna be there for the game, I guess.

Kind of a tough decision really. I usually watch the games on Sopcast and can watch the local US commercials and commentary, which although not my favorite, are a lot less irritating than endless UBC commercials about upcoming soccer games. Especially the US Superbowl commercials, which are a secondary hightlight to the game itself. But I guess a bit of camaraderie trumps a few CGI-enhanced ads, even once a year.

Really if you guys know of some bars please list them off... Would love to find a place thats serving breakfast and beer... a great way to start off the week. That and a PATS sweep!!!

I stopped by the Chiang Mai Saloon (near Paradise Pizza and the UN Irish) as mentioned above. Open at 530 a.m. with 129 THB all you can eat bfast. Should be able to eat a reasonable amount over the four hours (unless it's a blow-out). I'm gonna be there for the game

Don't forget, this is the CM Saloon number TWO near the U.N. Irish Pub (the bigger one). I don't think that the original branch on Loi Kroah Road will be open.

I stopped by the Chiang Mai Saloon (near Paradise Pizza and the UN Irish) as mentioned above. Open at 530 a.m. with 129 THB all you can eat bfast. Should be able to eat a reasonable amount over the four hours (unless it's a blow-out). I'm gonna be there for the game

Don't forget, this is the CM Saloon number TWO near the U.N. Irish Pub (the bigger one). I don't think that the original branch on Loi Kroah Road will be open.

To confirm direct from Ron himself - the game will be shown at CM Saloon 2. Opens at 5:45am and kick off is at 6:30am. CM saloon 1 will be closed at that time.

CB

Even though the PATS lost... that was the best super bowl game I have ever seen!! Only thing that would have been better is if the PATS had come back and kicked a field goal and then gone on to win it in sudden death over time!!

Well, much as I'm depressed about the outcome, CM Saloon 2 was a great venue. Good breakfast, maybe 100 people rooting for both teams. One projection TV and a couple of regular screens. Opened early. Everything was well done, didn't even miss the new advertisements, I guess I'll find some place to download 'em.