Reborn, Renewed, Rejuvenated!

SillyMan

Reborn, renewed, rejuvenated. You could call me all of these, but first and foremost, I am SillyMan. Formerly under another ThaiVisa moniker, I have rebranded myself after an awakening caused by overindulgence in margaritas and apparently bad tacos that left me in Bumrungrad for three days.

Why the moniker of SillyMan you ask?

1 – I was in Bumrungrad for three days. Having no health insurance, this was expensive. Silly man!

2 - I was far too serious before. The doctor said this event nearly killed me. It made me realize life was too short to be too serious and I was being a Silly Man!

3 – Like many here and elsewhere in Thailand, I have laid claim to the throne of knowledge for all that is Thai and foreigner. In truth, I know little more than I can read in the papers, watch on television and glean from this and other similar forums. Silly Man!

4 – I thought I have Thailand and its people figured out my illness taught me otherwise. Silly Man!

5 – My lack of perspective of my own shortcomings here was making my life hel_l, and mot likely will continue to do so on occasion. Silly Man!

6 – I would say, last but not least, but the truth is, the list is too long for this board to hold on one posting, and my boss prefers me being productive. If she catches me writing this missive, I will be fired and truly be a Silly Man

So in conclusion, I not revel in my new found awareness of my shortcomings, in my diminished capacity to actually effect my role in life in Thailand, in my blissful ignorance that despite my revelation, will still lead me back to the trough of being, frankly, silly.

I shall endeavor to learn from this new awakening and not slip back into the abyss of being an expert on everything, while being truly and fully aware of nothing. I shall post silly posts, poking fun at myself and all that is around me, hoping to bring a smile and a thought less ordinary to the day (Gawd, what a silly idea already), but who knows what the net result will be.

I shall endeavor to behave within the rules of the board while still staying true to my silly nature. I shall forever rest the previous incarnation what was I on this board and surely stop boring people with half-baked facts and barely researched knowledge, for I am indeed SillyMan.

Thank you for your time and support. I shall not be seeking office or approval, merely a chuckle from time to time.

Regards,

SillyMan

I wish you luck with your reincarnation SM.

I have also thought of a similar move a few times. Start again with a clean slate and see if I can still piss almost everybody off. :D:D

Is it worth starting a competition to guess who the old you was, or would you refuse to participate? :o

I wish you luck with your reincarnation SM.

I have also thought of a similar move a few times. Start again with a clean slate and see if I can still piss almost everybody off. :D:D

Is it worth starting a competition to guess who the old you was, or would you refuse to participate? :o

Particiapting in such a contest would simply be silly. :D

I shall endeavor to behave within the rules of the board while still staying true to my silly nature. I shall forever rest the previous incarnation what was I on this board and surely stop boring people with half-baked facts and barely researched knowledge, for I am indeed SillyMan.

Regards,

SillyMan

Sounds like your name used to be Col Pyat, though your intro is a lot more intelligible :o

that's okay sriricha john, don't be so hard on yourself. i don't think people really took you so seriously anyway. welcome to the new you!

s-r-i-r-a-c-h-a john doesn't drink margaritas.... he also ignores amateurish baiting, but, nevertheless, to the OP, I extend a hearty welcome back to Gentleman Scamp. :D

:D:o