Infected With Backdoor.sdbot.aad

crabstix

Bit defender shows that I my PC has been infected with Backdoor.sdbot.AAD. I am using XP with SP2

the message which comes up is as follows:

identified viruses 1

infected objects 1

C\:Windows\Config.exe disinfection failed

C\:Windows\Config.exe moved

I dont know why it wont disinfect or even delete. There is no option to delete

How can I get rid of it?

is it detrimental to my PC?

Bit defender shows that I my PC has been infected with Backdoor.sdbot.AAD. I am using XP with SP2

identified viruses 1

infected objects 1

How can I get rid of it?

First thing I would try is to download Microsofts "Malicious Software Remover" and see it it will fix the problem. I only suggest Microsoft because it is free. There are other scan my computer programs available but the normal operating mode is to do the scan and then try to sell you the software to remove the junk they detect. This one is free and will remove what it finds at no cost.

Good luck

identified viruses 1

infected objects 1

How can I get rid of it?

First thing I would try is to download Microsofts "Malicious Software Remover" and see it it will fix the problem. I only suggest Microsoft because it is free. There are other scan my computer programs available but the normal operating mode is to do the scan and then try to sell you the software to remove the junk they detect. This one is free and will remove what it finds at no cost.

Good luck

MS MSR is one of the most worst one according to several researches! CureIt is free as well and if you do a search at TV for post with CureIt you'll find out that it has some advantages other software don't have incl. MSR! It don't use any resources while it not runs because it didn't install in windows, just place the executable there. the EXE is protect as well and couldn't be altered but MSR could! Best result is if run in Safe mode. And you don't need to be on the Internet while scanning "online" which requires a full load of Windows and not the Safe Mode only!

Cheers.