Visa For Uk

Hi iam new to the froum

I need advice i want to bring my thai girlfriend back 2 the uk for 6months

She lives at her home in surin,she has here own house we have known each other here for about 3years,

I have a well paid job in the uk and a flat not loads of money. I was in thailand in november and going back in april.

What documents do i need,is it better i go through a visa agency,what are my chances of her coming over

cheers

Use the search facilty on this forum on the words"tourist" and "visitor" and you will unearth plenty of threads on the same subject with hints and links. If you still have questions come back and ask.

If it is her first application, getting approval for a 6 month visit may be difficult. She will need a compelling reason that she will return to Thailand at the end of the trip. No need for an agency if you research this forum.

• 2 months later...

Hi there regards documents for my girlfriend to have for the visa aplication

My girlfriends home was given to her by aunt/uncle and its in there name not here own she has been to the court and this can take up 4 months to change.and all the other documents she can get but the agency she went to says she needs land document

Iam in thailand from the 24 april and bringing my documents with me and iam hoping to apply for visa and bring here back with me about 1 month later.

when apllying for visa say 4 holiday is it best to say 3month stay and you might get lucky she also has here children and familly to go home 2,one of my fiends his thai wife got granted a 2 year visa just last month

Edited by wearside

Hi there wearside.

I was told when applying for my now wifes first visa which was a holiday visa to say that she was only visiting the UK for 1 month as who gets a 3 or 6 months holiday. I took this advise applied for the visa stating she will be visiting me to see if she can adapt to UK life for 1 months holiday. She was granted a 6 month visa. She stayed for 1 month only as we stated in the application. When she returned to Thailand we then applied for the Fiancee Visa (the same day) she was granted this visa 2 days later. We are now happlily married and Wearside has never been the same since :o

Steve and Bow

hi wearside,

I agree with Stevebow in that as it's the first visit apply for a month or two. My girlfriend did this last summer and left on the day she said she would. I would hope this helps the embassy trust a little more when she comes to re-apply in the future.

fred