Pimsleur Method

Sauro

Hi guys,

I've decided to start studying Thai, though, at present I'm living in Italy.

I was thinking to start with Pimsleur audio course, what do you think? I tried it with Portuguese, and it seemed quite effective, though for Portuguese I didn't even need a translation because it's quite similar to Italian. Of course Thai is a completely different thing..

Well, let me know if you have tried it and what you think!

Thanx,

Sauro

Hi guys,

I've decided to start studying Thai, though, at present I'm living in Italy.

I was thinking to start with Pimsleur audio course, what do you think? I tried it with Portuguese, and it seemed quite effective, though for Portuguese I didn't even need a translation because it's quite similar to Italian. Of course Thai is a completely different thing..

Well, let me know if you have tried it and what you think!

Thanx,

Sauro

I can't say about the "Gold Course" or whatever they call it. I tried the short course and it works for learning some words and practicing pronunciation. But, it didn't give any real explanation of how the language works. I have learned much more using "Thai for Beginners" mentioned in other threads. It gives a good over all explanation of everything and was not as expensive.

Yeah, you are right. Pimsleur doesn't give any explaination about the language. I guess it can be useful just for getting familiar with some "standard" sentences and situations. I'll start with it and learningthai.com!

Yeah, you are right. Pimsleur doesn't give any explaination about the language. I guess it can be useful just for getting familiar with some "standard" sentences and situations. I'll start with it and learningthai.com!

I used Thai Pimsleur and other languages with it. I think it helped my ear and pronunciation as a beginner. It's repetitive for a reason.

Benjawan Boomsan Becker's beginner, intermediate and advanced tapes, are the best I've used. (Just my opinion.)