Pak Chong Area

A few friends and I will be travelling to play golf in the Pak Chong (Khao Yai) area in the near future. Does anyone know if there are any reasonable (clean and comfortable) hotels in the town, that aren't charging beach holiday style prices? I can't find very much from any of the usual hotel websites, apart from a few that are about 20/25 km out in the country. I can't find a good road map of the area (in english) anywhere on the web. Any decent bars in town?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There is a hotel Landmark in the city but I don't know prices.

Khao Yai has as fas as I know 2 golf courses, mission golf and kiramaya located more than 20 km from the city.

If you want to play golf in one of those you may consider to stay in Khao Yai.

Take the highway from saraburi to korat, exit Pakchong if you need pakchong city or exit khao yai (just behind the lotus).

I have a guesthouse near the park entrance, rooms are clean but I don't know what you mean with comfortable.

rono

There is a hotel Landmark in the city but I don't know prices.

Khao Yai has as fas as I know 2 golf courses, mission golf and kiramaya located more than 20 km from the city.

If you want to play golf in one of those you may consider to stay in Khao Yai.

Take the highway from saraburi to korat, exit Pakchong if you need pakchong city or exit khao yai (just behind the lotus).

I have a guesthouse near the park entrance, rooms are clean but I don't know what you mean with comfortable.

rono

Thanks Rono, the Landmark is one that seems to crop up on the Hotel booking sites, along with the Phu Phaya, but the reports from people who stayed there are more than a little worrying .....swimming pool looks like it's not been used for 2 years ...... carpets threadbare ....... rooms dirty ......... etc; etc;

For info there are seven golf courses in the KY area (we hope to play 3 or 4 on this trip !!)

As one of our party is from England and only here on hols, we will have to find somewhere with wine, women, and (not too much ) song to keep him happy during his stay, or at least be within a couple of km.

Thanks again for your time and effort.

A few friends and I will be travelling to play golf in the Pak Chong (Khao Yai) area in the near future. Does anyone know if there are any reasonable (clean and comfortable) hotels in the town, that aren't charging beach holiday style prices? I can't find very much from any of the usual hotel websites, apart from a few that are about 20/25 km out in the country. I can't find a good road map of the area (in english) anywhere on the web. Any decent bars in town?

Depends what you mean by decent bars? Well I know of a few local bars and girlie bars. The best local bar is called "Ban Chang" Has a good local country and western band who believe it or not sing most of their songs in English. The seeder side of the bar life is located at a Soi next to the main Toyota building in the center of Pakchong. There is a Massage short time place and about 4 karoke bars with available "I want your money girls". Best of luck! :o

Depends what you mean by decent bars? Well I know of a few local bars and girlie bars. The best local bar is called "Ban Chang" Has a good local country and western band who believe it or not sing most of their songs in English. The seeder side of the bar life is located at a Soi next to the main Toyota building in the center of Pakchong. There is a Massage short time place and about 4 karoke bars with available "I want your money girls". Best of luck! :o

Thanks for that. I'm bringing the fortuner down from Udon, so the Toyota garage for a service during the stay sounds ideal .... 2 or 3 hours usually, so the rest can get serviced while we wait.

Oh! for some bars etc; near the Toyota place in Udon.... there's nothing for about 3km.

I didn't want to mention bangchan restaurant in my reply becos I had a bad experience there. I was there on my birthday with my family to be told that the cook hadn't arrived yet but we could have some food.

The food was bad and after we finished our drink we went to a karaoke place to have some decent food.

There's about 6 golf courses in the Pak Chong area, 2 in Khao Yai and the others along the main road, very cheap too.

As you come into Pak Chong proper from Bangkok there's a hotel on the left, don't remember the name ,but it was only 700 baht when I last stayed there as compared to the one on the opposite side of the road (stone clad building) whichj was 2,200 baht. Only saw those 2 in Pak Chong town itself.

There's about 6 golf courses in the Pak Chong area, 2 in Khao Yai and the others along the main road, very cheap too.

As you come into Pak Chong proper from Bangkok there's a hotel on the left, don't remember the name ,but it was only 700 baht when I last stayed there as compared to the one on the opposite side of the road (stone clad building) whichj was 2,200 baht. Only saw those 2 in Pak Chong town itself.

Thanks PP, that sounds like the Phuphaya (I think it's 750B now), and I've also found one called the Rimtarninn in town for 800/900.

Will let everyone know about the trip later.