Information About Chiang Saen District, Chiang Rai.

Felt 35

If anyone have info about Chiang Saen, hotels, restaurants, shops, etc, and also what kind of transport which are available from Chiang Rai Airport to Chiang Saen district would I be very grateful.

Thanks & Regards :o

Not much there except for the historical sites. Chiang Saen is basically the dropoff point for the connecting leg to The Golden Triangle from the bus to/from Chiang Rai.

Since I've never stayed overnight, I don't even know of any guesthouses to recommend, so you are on your own...

so you are on your own...

Must admit that it feels a bit like that.

I have however found a hotel through an online travel agency.

Chiang Saen River view hotel, I think it was.

Next is to find if there is any reliable transport between Chiang Rai airport and Chiang Saen. Had hoped for minibus or taxi!

Anyway, thanks for the input. :o

hello felt

dont know much about chiang sean,but im sure theres at least 2 fairly big hotels

so i presume there must be a couple of guest houses.

why dont you head for mai sai its only 30k from chiang sean,plenty of hotels/guesthouses

markets,

plenty of buses pass the airport along the highway going to mai sai/chiang saen

Plenty of busses from the main bus station in Chiang Rai to Chiang Saen or as the previous poster said you may be able to catch one from the main highway which passes near the airport (never been to the airport but imagine you can get tuk-tuk / taxi from airport to main highway)

If anyone have info about Chiang Saen, hotels, restaurants, shops, etc, and also what kind of transport which are available from Chiang Rai Airport to Chiang Saen district would I be very grateful.

Thanks & Regards :D

Chiang Saen hotels

CS River Hill phone 650826-9

CS Lake Hill Resort 650599

Rujira Resort 650369

Golden Land 651100

guest houses

JS House 777060

CS Guesthouse

Siam gh

plus some other dumps :o

If u go from airport to hiway, cross road to head north, wait no more than 20 minutes for a green bus with Chiang Saen written on windscreen. About 40 miles. A taxi might take u from the airport direct.

There are shops & restaurants there but nothing special.

Many Thanks to everyone for the information.

my friend I, do you know if there are standard taxis on Chiang Rai airport!

There's a taxi counter in the terminal (left of the exit doors). There are also some touts hanging around but can't vouch for their service

Bn voyage :o