Bangkok's Best Sandwiches? Or World's Best?!

At the Food Court in Central World (7th floor, on the extreme left at the entrance if facing the Food Concourse, with the movie theatre on your right), there is a fantastic deli counter. You can build your own sandwich, or choose from one of the floor models on display. The selection is incredible, maybe six choices of bread, and then dozens of options; basic model is 149 baht. By far the best that I have found.

I have been there several times, the Chef and Manager a fellow by the name of Cedric is Outstanding. The food offered is just unreal. I go as often as I can and afford. Oh prices are ok, I just buy to much.rolleyes.gif

Are they doing smoked meat sandwiches, now that the place has been burned down???

At the Food Court in Central World (7th floor, on the extreme left at the entrance if facing the Food Concourse, with the movie theatre on your right), there is a fantastic deli counter. You can build your own sandwich, or choose from one of the floor models on display. The selection is incredible, maybe six choices of bread, and then dozens of options; basic model is 149 baht. By far the best that I have found.

I have been there several times, the Chef and Manager a fellow by the name of Cedric is Outstanding. The food offered is just unreal. I go as often as I can and afford. Oh prices are ok, I just buy to much.rolleyes.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Are they doing smoked meat sandwiches, now that the place has been burned down???

They're competing with subways toasted sandwiches!!

Sabaijai, do you have a particular sandwich or two to recommend amount their choices???

As an aside, I went back to Duke's at the Emporium the other day, which in general I like very much for their burgers and some other dishes, to try their Reuben sandwich for the first time....

Maybe it's just my taste, but I wasn't overly impressed by that particular item. Somehow, having the sandwich on their house bread vs a more traditional rye or something similar made me feel the taste was off what I was expecting... I like Duke's house bread, both to eat alone and even as a base for their pizzas... But it didn't work for me on the Reuben.

That and at least on my last visit, they seemed to have changed the style of their french fries... When I've had them there in the past, they were quite firm and a bit on the crisp side... The other day, the order I received seemed quite soft and pretty oily, though it also was blisteringly hot...almost too hot to pick up with one's fingers...

Guess I'll be sticking with their hamburgers.... :)

Sabaijai, do you have a particular sandwich or two to recommend amount their choices???

As an aside, I went back to Duke's at the Emporium the other day, which in general I like very much for their burgers and some other dishes, to try their Reuben sandwich for the first time....

Maybe it's just my taste, but I wasn't overly impressed by that particular item. Somehow, having the sandwich on their house bread vs a more traditional rye or something similar made me feel the taste was off what I was expecting... I like Duke's house bread, both to eat alone and even as a base for their pizzas... But it didn't work for me on the Reuben.

That and at least on my last visit, they seemed to have changed the style of their french fries... When I've had them there in the past, they were quite firm and a bit on the crisp side... The other day, the order I received seemed quite soft and pretty oily, though it also was blisteringly hot...almost too hot to pick up with one's fingers...

Guess I'll be sticking with their hamburgers.... :)

John, agree about the reuben, should be on rye - however their bread works well with the philly.

Please don't complain about hot fries, it they are too hot for your delicate fingers, just wait a moment for them to cool down ;)

jfc, I've had the Tuna Cheddar Melt, Fresh Mozzarella, Tomatoes & Pesto, Smoked Chicken Club, and Salmon & Wasabi Bagel numerous times. They're all excellent, even delivered, so I'd be hard pressed to pick one as a fave, but the one I order most is the Mozz/Tomatoes/Pesto. All are made with fresh ingredients, very tasty dressings and good bread.

It may vary from outlet to outlet. The only two I've taken delivery from are the St Louis Hospital and Rama IV branches. Over the counter I've tried ones on Silom, Paragon, Sindhorn Bldg and one or two others.

• 2 months later...

Hello, was hard to find a great sandwich for all those years until last weeek, I did ordered the best sandwich ever in Bangkok. A new company, no shop, just deliver in centre of Bangkok. I had a Tuna and a special beef/cheese steak sandwiches, amazing bread and fresh taste.

Sure that I will order this week, they just deliver on lunch time, here is them website www.lelapinbangkok.com

Your topic make me so hungry !

Cheers

Edited by Oli23