Calling All Students

dsys

OK start LBS on the next intake and want to get hold of a decent slate/tablet PC and some decent software.

How do you students take notes nowadays, do you use onenote or another program? Scan your books in using OCR? Any of you record you lectures?

just interested in finding out how technology has changed the university environment for students. Or are we still in the paper and pen days?

Edited by endure

What's a TLA? :o

And what's "the next intake?" :D

And lastly, "Why doesn't everybody speak American??!!" (calling all flamers...)

TLA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TLA

the next intake - the next academic session.

Why doesn't everybody speak American??!

widney no boot tha, i wus draged up in glasge. (I was brought up in Glasgow Scotland so I can't answer that question)

but I guess "Imitation is the best form of flattery" or the fact that the phrase "American English " is an Oxymoron ( http://www.oxymoronlist.com/ ) may go some way to describing it.

Edited by dsys

OK, now that we have THAT out of the way....

You need....a...(drum roll, please)... flashdrive: The single-most useful piece of high technology used by university students in Thailand (this is a Thai-related forum, is it not?) Here's how the Thais do it....

• For taking all your high-tech presentations to class.
  • Don't take notes! Just beg the professor for a copy of his PowerPoint presentation after class.
  • Download all your research from LBS's student computers to take home for organizing and processing.
  • Get one with an mp3 player, and you'll never be bored waiting in the registration line for "the next intake."
  • It's an extension of your brain and memory without all the hassle of a four-pound laptop or bulky portable harddrive.
  • EVERYTHING has a flashdrive-compatible USB port nowadays, including one probably right behind your professor's left ear. That's why the best professors keep their hair fashionably long or bushy.

P.S. I'll happily translate any Americanisms without prejudice or insult. :o

Edited by toptuan

Hmm flash drives - why do the Thais always have the easiest solutions and us westerners go for the most complicated?

Not having to battle over Acronyms probably helps them :D

Naka.

I think Thailand's PPP, TRT, MOE & NSC would wholeheartedly agree! :o