Single Visa Non-b To Multiple Non-b Inside Thailand

Hello everyone,

I'm working as a consultant for a registered thai ngo (without work permit) and will be based in bangkok. I'm german and upon my visit to the thai embassy in germany I was told they wouldn't have authority to issue me the needed multiply entry visa. They handed me back all these papers from my ngo (registration and legal stuff) and told me I'd have to go to immigration office in Bangkok to change my single entry NON-Immigrant B Visa to Multiply entry. This won't be a problem there.

Now the administrational staff over here in the thai office says, that won't be possible.

Anyone any experience with this? Is it possible to change from single to multiply inside thailand?

Thanks a lot!

Hello everyone,

I'm working as a consultant for a registered thai ngo (without work permit) and will be based in bangkok. I'm german and upon my visit to the thai embassy in germany I was told they wouldn't have authority to issue me the needed multiply entry visa. They handed me back all these papers from my ngo (registration and legal stuff) and told me I'd have to go to immigration office in Bangkok to change my single entry NON-Immigrant B Visa to Multiply entry. This won't be a problem there.

Now the administrational staff over here in the thai office says, that won't be possible.

Anyone any experience with this? Is it possible to change from single to multiply inside thailand?

Thanks a lot!

Have no experience of your situation but one possibility is to get a multiple re-entry permit (@3800 baht) from immigration in Bangkok.

You can not change a single entry visa to multi entry visa at Immigration.

If you qualify for one year extension of stay that could be obtained from Immigration, and then a multi re-entry permit for travel. But you are not likely to obtain that without a work permit.

Hmm, half of you say "no problem" half say "no way"...;-)

I don't want a one-year Multiply entry. I just need the "regular" 90 day multiply entry which allows me to reentry for one year, each time staying 90 days in Thailand.

So if that's not possible, why did the german embassy tell me exactly this?

I know that UK embassies usually directly issue 90-day multiple Non-B visa, considered handing in the proper paperwork. But the german embassy in Berlin didn't even had a look at the papers and just said because of new regulations they don't have the authority to issue multiply entry anymore and that I have to get this done in Thailand. Strange.

The one year multi entry non immigrant B visa is exactly what you want if you desire to make 90 day or less visits - but you are not likely to obtain such a visa in Thailand or in the area of Thailand. I do not know of any Consulate in the area of Thailand that will issue such a visa without a work permit.