Samui Express On Line- What A Load Of Rubbish

I have just had the pleasure of waiting to receive another edition of the Samui Express Paper on line.

www.samuiexpress.net/?q=node/76

All I can say is what a total load of rubbish and wonder if any one else agrees. I have no idea what they think about what could be perceived as "interesting stories" about local news in samui. They seem to have lost the plot entirely with the current edition and believe that in general it has been a downward spiral of the papers contents.

Stories included that have hardly any connection with the Island and seem to drag on and on by some "wanna be" writer

I have just had the pleasure of waiting to receive another edition of the Samui Express Paper on line.

www.samuiexpress.net/?q=node/76

All I can say is what a total load of rubbish and wonder if any one else agrees. I have no idea what they think about what could be perceived as "interesting stories" about local news in samui. They seem to have lost the plot entirely with the current edition and believe that in general it has been a downward spiral of the papers contents.

Stories included that have hardly any connection with the Island and seem to drag on and on by some "wanna be" writer

Totally agree, only ever here negative reports about this paper including my own...

The team at Samui express need to read Pattaya City News or Phuket Gazzette to see how to produce a PROPER local western Thai newspaper!!!!

i started a list of all the things that the samui express paper would be good for, including the cleaning of my cars windows, lining the puppies training area, insulation against the cold if you sleep on a street corner etc.

oddly enough, actually reading it has not made the list.

We had a good newspaper but they could sell only 3.000 per issue, thats the main reason they stopped publishing. They might come back just need a good thai writer/interviewer to keep contact with the BIG thai boys in Samui. If you know sb please contact me per PM.

Maybe im stating the obvious (as ClaudeFeller says already) and i've seen threads about this before, but.....

.... There used to be two newspapers... one good and one not so. The good one isn't around anymore and the not so good one is. But i still buy it. The other one was bi lingual and quite interesting. Mrs Higgins found it interesting too.

I think I have posted this before, but what is the deal with printing on such high quality stock for a broadsheet? The costs right there must floor any possible profits.

That comment definately makes sense. Do need at all to do this in my view. I still stick to my guns that the content is getting worse.Do not believe though they listen as seem running along their own track down and the drival continues. Sure a view good stories but fewer and further between. Maybe under some pressure..

During the 18 years that I have been on Samui there have been many Mags. and 2 Newspapers, unfortunately the better of the two is no longer available so we are left with the Comic called Samui Express.

It seems to start off well the loses the plot after a couple of pages, especialy with the News of the Weird page and other reports on the U.S.A. and other unrelated countries.

I agree with the comments made by Claude Feller and hope that should the Samui Community return it will get the SUPPORT it needs to remain in print.

Food for Thought

The Eye of Lamai

Edited by yoksot

During the 18 years that I have been on Samui there have been many Mags. and 2 Newspapers, unfortunately the better of the two is no longer available so we are left with the Comic called Samui Express.

It seems to start off well the loses the plot after a couple of pages, especialy with the News of the Weird page and other reports on the U.S.A. and other unrelated countries.

I agree with the comments made by Claude Feller and hope that should the Samui Community return it will get the SUPPORT it needs to remain in print.

Food for Thought

The Eye of Lamai

news of the weird is the only reason i even scan through this paper at any 7-11. i've even developed a technique for removing the staple, just to get at news of the weird.

if they get rid of that section there will be no reason for this paper to exist, in fact i will go out on a limb and state that if the entire paper was news of the weird along with a police activity blog and grotesque photos of traffic accidents the number of paid subscribers would double (to 2).

The thickness of the paper will be determined to some degree on what type of printing press it is printed on.

A typical web process (reel fed) normally associated with newspaper print would require a significant print run to justify its use. With a minimal circulation requirement the actual printing process/ machine would be different (sheet fed or mini web) and you would then be restricted to the paer tolerances of the press and the minimum and maximum gsm (grammage per square metre).

It would be nice to see the paper however printed on toilet paper and put to its proper use in the future.

Interesting that the lead on page one of the current issue is a bit from this very forum. Talk about shoddy reporting...or shall I say no reporting.

Can anyone scan this page into the forum or PM me or admin with the scan please?

The thickness of the paper will be determined to some degree on what type of printing press it is printed on.

A typical web process (reel fed) normally associated with newspaper print would require a significant print run to justify its use. With a minimal circulation requirement the actual printing process/ machine would be different (sheet fed or mini web) and you would then be restricted to the paer tolerances of the press and the minimum and maximum gsm (grammage per square metre).

It would be nice to see the paper however printed on toilet paper and put to its proper use in the future.

:o