Honda Airblade

snowflake

Just a question, I bought an airblade on friday and have been riding it around town now for a few days, it is really nice to look at and it runs smooth as a Naomi's left nipple.

Just a few questions..

The starter engine sounds like a Ducati (a box of nails rattling), is that normal?

The speed, what is the top speed? Yes I am large but the bike swish up to 70 now and it seems to struggle all the way to 100??? I was told that it is a small bike and it should only do 105-110 depending on the size of the rider...

What are your experiences on the airblade?

(if you want a bike that moves fast, do not buy an airblade but it is smoooooootttthhhh and fast from 0-65)

Have owned a Air Blade over one year now. Runs well easy to drive, mine will do 100kph no problem cruise 60- 70 ish. Honda main agent in Phuket very good service cheap and fast, however they did over fill coolent leaked for a week, NOT the bikes problem, but did have an electric proplem with starter, Sorted. and the fuel gauge, not sorted yet. shows nothing like whats in the tank been back 2 times still same, got a feeling its the TGF fault handy with the hosepipe :o Good bike tho. We like it :D

I like how it won't start unless you're holding the brake and the stand's up...very clever. I'm always forgetting to put the stand back up. Smooth bike, slick looking.

However, when I hired one for a ride out to the tiger place in Kanchanaburi, I went through twice as much fuel as my friend who was riding a wave 110cc... Perhaps it was a problem with that particular bike....Do other people think these bikes go through a lot of petrol?

Just a question, I bought an airblade on friday and have been riding it around town now for a few days, it is really nice to look at and it runs smooth as a Naomi's left nipple.

Just a few questions..

The starter engine sounds like a Ducati (a box of nails rattling), is that normal?

The speed, what is the top speed? Yes I am large but the bike swish up to 70 now and it seems to struggle all the way to 100??? I was told that it is a small bike and it should only do 105-110 depending on the size of the rider...

What are your experiences on the airblade?

(if you want a bike that moves fast, do not buy an airblade but it is smoooooootttthhhh and fast from 0-65)

Hi,

I just bought a brand new Air Blade a couple of weeks ago - I'm obviously still running it in and haven't so far been above the 80 kph mark so I can't comment on it's top speed as yet but yes it strikes me as being a very thirsty machine - I've only done around 400 k's on it so far and am hoping tha after it's 1000 k service it might settle down - but I have my doubts.

That being said I'm still very happy with it - it's brilliant in traffic and does have the acceleration factor as you mentioned.

Regards,

Phil.

I have an Airblade for 6 months now. Yes it is very thirsty. Acceleration is ok, it'll keep up with any other bike like the Nouvo or Wave's but top speed is not much, I'm lucky to have it go faster than 90 km/h. The fuel gauge twice locked on full so that seems to be a common problem. Seems most other bikes fuel gauge is electronic but the Airblade still have a clunky mechanical fuel gauge. Other than that haven't had any problems.

Getting more and more used to it now and I do have to say that it is superb for in town riding, from one minimart to another, but when I do go home I have a highway for about 3 km and that really is not fun... Strangly measuring up to my mate's nouvo (we swapped bikes) and we did the same speed but he with a faster acceleration on the airblade...

Like the bike, but to slow...

Getting more and more used to it now and I do have to say that it is superb for in town riding, from one minimart to another, but when I do go home I have a highway for about 3 km and that really is not fun... Strangly measuring up to my mate's nouvo (we swapped bikes) and we did the same speed but he with a faster acceleration on the airblade...

Like the bike, but to slow...

I am a little confused here. Are you saying the Nouvo accelerates faster than the Air Blade, and are you suggesting the Nouvo is a faster and better bike than the Air Blade on the 3 km highway segment you mention?

I have an airblade, he has a nouvo, we swapped for a while, I drove the nouvo, he drove the airblade ok?

I drove faster on the highway with the nouvo, but his acceleration was faster on the airblade...

Speedwise the nouvo is way ahead of the airblade but the airblade is by far smoother than the nouvo.

For me going home, Nouvo is better. For me riding in town, Airblade is better... Overall, the Airblade is a better machine if you do not need the speed...

I have had an airblade for a year now and it is a very nice bike. The braking on it is fantastic and has saved my ass a couple of times. I do find it a little slow, but I can hold a steady cruise of 90 on the highway and the bike isn't really built for highway use. It is however thirsty. I just bought a Honda Phantom because I wanted something that I could cruise comfortably on the highway, I wanted comfort not necessarily speed. The Phantom uses less fuel than my airblade and is fantastic. The best thing I have ever bought myself. Issangeorge

The Phantom uses less fuel than my airblade and is fantastic. The best thing I have ever bought myself. Issangeorge

Has anyone done actual mileage tests on their bikes. Or just Thirsty or Thirstier? I have tested on my 4 year old Phantom and got 30 km/l and on my 4 year old Honda Wave 125i, I got 50 km/l. I would be interested in a comparison of Honda Airblade vs Yamaha Nouvo, too. Thanks.

definitely too sophisticated for Thailand. After the EFI Wave flop, now the liquid cooled airblade. Full of unnecessary gadgets who constantly fail. Go try to get it fixed in Ban Kee Nok, Nakon Khin Maa.

Could you explain that? Is there some problem with the 125i, because nothing has popped up on the one I bought the family 2.5 years ago.

I have ridden all the newer scooters in Thailand, the Airblade is by far the best all around scooter for the farang. And no I don't own any interest in the Honda Corp. I ride a Vespa ET4 back in California, and although faster than the airblade, I would trade it in a second if only they sold the Airblade in California. The Airblade does suck on gas although, so if your a real cheap charlie get a manual transmission.