Adsl Service

Greenside

Sorry, I know this has come up before but I couldn't find a recent enough thread to rely on.

Planning to move house next month to Nong Hoi, just outside the Superhighway and have just been told that the phone line is provided by TOT which has had mixed reports in the past (although I'm not exactly thrilled with the Maxnet service in my apartment either!). I'm prepared to pay for the highest speed option they offer but a decent sevice is absolutely essential to my sanity so can anyone give me some current feedback about TOT's ADSL performance before I sign the contract for the house next week?

Sorry, I know this has come up before but I couldn't find a recent enough thread to rely on.

Planning to move house next month to Nong Hoi, just outside the Superhighway and have just been told that the phone line is provided by TOT which has had mixed reports in the past (although I'm not exactly thrilled with the Maxnet service in my apartment either!). I'm prepared to pay for the highest speed option they offer but a decent sevice is absolutely essential to my sanity so can anyone give me some current feedback about TOT's ADSL performance before I sign the contract for the house next week?

I have TOT's ADSL 14ish km out in San Sai and also was prepared to pay for highest speed available 2048 kbps (2000 baht ish) and did do till about 4 months ago, when we had to have an engineer out due to probs with the modem they provided. We found out (thanks to the TOT engineer) that the speed we were paying for wasn't available out this far ??? So Sept last year we downgraded to the max speed available to us 512 kbps (590 baht).

I am totally dependant on having an ADSL line for VOIP so that i don't have to contend with 15-20k baht a month phone bills. Yes there are intermitant 1-2 hour periods of downtime but overall i am quite happy with the service.

My advise would be to have an engineer go out to the property and do a check on what speed is available in the area first :o

Looks like someone around here has been hitting the Long Island Iced Teas a bit too hard!

Greenside - if it's possible to get a check done as princealbert suggests and actually be there to chat with the engineer then I think that is the only way that you will have any chance of certainty.

JxP

Recommendations seem to be a bit location specific.

But in town I am using TT& T and 2 of my closest neighbours are on TOT - they are both ready to switch to the same as mine. They say their service is awful. I have no complaints about my TT&T and I also have True cable.