Vegemite - Where In Stock?

g00dgirl

The Patong Deli -

Ratutit Rd. (aka the middle road) turn down the one way street that runs south through patong the deli will be about 400 meters up on your left hand side. The hotel that overshadows the deli (also has a bigger sign out side) is called the "shamrock inn" Parking is on the street so be on the look out.

Happy hunting

Edit: Spelling

After grabbing your jar of vegemite, walk another 100 meters down the road to Na's Bar (opposite Tiger Pool Room), drop in have a beer and say g'day to Ken and Na - good friends of mine. (even though Ken is from W.A. :o )

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vegemite celebrates a billion jars

vegejar.gif

The one billionth jar of Vegemite has gone down the production line, proving that Australians really do enjoy it for breakfast, lunch and tea.

Since hitting Australian shelves in the 1920s, the salty yeast spread has been popular not only on sandwiches, toast and biscuits, but also in soups and casseroles.

Among the people who gathered at Kraft's manufacturing plant in Port Melbourne to mark the occasion of the one billionth jar were two of the girls from the original Happy Little Vegemites television commercial.

Read full story.

http://news.smh.com.au/national/vegemite-c...81005-4u7x.html

Edited by Zpete

Golden Circle (another iconic Aussie food label) is also about to be absorbed by an American mob - just as Arnott's Biscuits has been owned by the Campbell Soup Company since 1997. It seems that there is very little genuinely Aussie owned product left. I suppose the same is happening in the land of the long white cloud...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I proved to some disbelievers this trip.....

VEGEMITE helps keep skeeters at bay.

Was with a group at Green Man, Chalong, all being bitten despite lamps and bottles of repellant.

They were fascinated to see skeeters land on my arms, but just fly off.

It really seems to be best skeeter repellant around.

Questions Answered....

Vegemite and cheese

During the 1990s, Kraft released a product in Australia known as Vegemite Singles. It combined two of Kraft's major products into one. The product consisted of Kraft Singles with Vegemite added, thus creating Vegemite-flavoured cheese. This extension of the Vegemite product line was an attempt by Kraft to capitalise on the enormous popularity of Vegemite and cheese sandwiches (made by placing a slice of cheese into a Vegemite sandwich). Vegemite Singles were later taken off the market, possibly due to poor sales.

My sister was head dietician for Kraft for many years and she has told me essentially the flavour of the vegemite in the slice could not be increased enough for market taste, without compromising the shelf life. Plus to be honest, Kraft would rather have you buy 2 products than one...

Check here for some great recipe ideas

http://www.vegemite.com.au/vegemite/page?s...mp;PagecRef=651

Oz

Edited by ozsamurai