Ladies Night Out -witches

baht&sold

Dropped by witches tavern in Bkk on thonglor earlier tonight.

For whatever reason, I've never popped by on a weds night -and WOW!

There wasn't a seat available from floor to ceiling and this was only around 7 pm.

OK, I don't get out to taverns et al that much (sociably) but I was quite surprised at the full house so early.

It was absolutely full on!

Turns out, weds from 5 till 9 are Ladies night but clearly an enticer as there were a minority of guys.

All non-premium drinks are free for ladies only during this time apparently- not sure about the time restraints and beverages on offer (??)

Seemed like an after office type crowd, predominately ladies, Farang and Thai and everyone having a great time.

Had a nice dinner, met some super people and really enjoyed it- breath of fresh air.

Great band too - they did a Coldplay cover quite well among others I thought.

My former Swedish GF in Bk used to comment about the lack of lady 'friendly' hangouts in Bangers- too bad she didn't know about witchin' weds back then, she might have enjoyed going to a place like this with her gang.

Pardon my (unwittingly) crashing the scene ladies but if you don't mind, think I'll be back next weds!

Cheers!

Daniel

Sounds interesting! Where exactly it is in Thong Lor? Is it close to H1? Thanks.

The 'Witches tavern' can be found approx 250mtr on the right hand side from Sukhumvit. It is an old English country pub copy so is easily recognizable. The decor is old english as well, well old. Not a problem though by the sounds of it. I guess next Wednesday will be busy and the change in status quo will be noticed significantly...see you there :o

Teach

Guys, GUYS (!)

er, maybe you'd be better off to hit it on Sat night. They have a go-go contest on tap according to the poster I saw...

(jing jing)

Just leave the weds gig to me and I'll be sure to give a report... :o

(Ddddooohhh! what was I thinking???) :D

btw, if any of the fellas out there are thinking this may be another venue where you'll be received like a celebrity just cause you're a bloke, you may be dissapointed...(don't bother iow)

But if you 'recall' how to meet and mix with the fairer sex and enjoy a semi 'normal' night out, I can reccomend it!

Guys, GUYS (!)

er, maybe you'd be better off to hit it on Sat night. They have a go-go contest on tap according to the poster I saw...

(jing jing)

Just leave the weds gig to me and I'll be sure to give a report... :o

(Ddddooohhh! what was I thinking???) :D

Yeah Baht and sold did you have too much to drink or seen too many good looking ladies?? JING JING :D

-Cheers Boo!

-IaMaIC, aren't you the sharp one... :o

Anyways, if the gals find it difficult to find non-muppet male pals or relationships in LOS, try being a guy who grew tired of 'where u go sexsie mannnn' about the 2cnd time I heard it...(obviously didn't apply to me :D )

So, a place like witches was a welcome surprise and a great night out.

Daniel

Sounds interesting! Where exactly it is in Thong Lor? Is it close to H1? Thanks.

Thong Lor is Sukhumvit 55, there's a skytrain station at the end and I'd have said it's more like 400 yards from the main drag on the right. Best to cross over at sukhumvit as the road's a pain further on.

• 2 weeks later...