Best And Most Natural Baby Delivery

LazyCat

Hello everyone! I relly hope someone will share their experience even though mostly it is not the place to ask...but bambi does not have a forum...

Well the question is I would like to have my second child in a very natural way... I have come to this decision just this week, last one I have delivered with my doctor at bamrungrad and everything was fine but I really want to know the difference between laying flat and "vertical" delivery I really don't wantto be strapped toa bed with monitors again... no rush or squeezing the baby out of me with nurses hands.... I want to take it slow nice and easy.. if anyone knows were can I find it in Bangkok please let me know.

I believe Samitivej has got natural birthing rooms. I know of women who have used their birthing pools as well as women who have used the birthing rooms and delivered their babies in whatever position was most comfortable for them. It's not cheap, but if you had your first at Bum.... it's probably not an issue.

Good luck :o

tt

I believe Samitivej has got natural birthing rooms. I know of women who have used their birthing pools as well as women who have used the birthing rooms and delivered their babies in whatever position was most comfortable for them. It's not cheap, but if you had your first at Bum.... it's probably not an issue.

Good luck :o

tt

well I have also heard about Samitivej but I would like someone who experienced it to coment... is it really so natural and convenient to a mom? who is the best doctor for this and all that....

I had my baby home-delivery in the UK and I hired a "doula" to help me through. The whole experience was awesome and the doula was incredible. I just Googled "doula Thailand" and a few results do come up. Perhaps you organise your delivery at home either with a doula or experienced mother or holistic caregiver and just have the route to hospital well planned just in case you need medical intervention. You may even be able to have your obstetrician at home if they are willing...

Being strapped to a bed and being induced etc is a very negative experience compared to the bliss and "peace" that can be experienced when nature rather than doctors is allowed to become the leader in child birth.

Please let us know what you choose and how you get on.xx

I had my baby home-delivery in the UK and I hired a "doula" to help me through. The whole experience was awesome and the doula was incredible. I just Googled "doula Thailand" and a few results do come up. Perhaps you organise your delivery at home either with a doula or experienced mother or holistic caregiver and just have the route to hospital well planned just in case you need medical intervention. You may even be able to have your obstetrician at home if they are willing...

Being strapped to a bed and being induced etc is a very negative experience compared to the bliss and "peace" that can be experienced when nature rather than doctors is allowed to become the leader in child birth.

Please let us know what you choose and how you get on.xx

thanks for the advice... but for me home delivery is out of the question... I am just being a guest here at my moms house and really 3 days in hospital I had last time after delivery were the best 3 days of my life.. we were all together with my husband and new born baby in one room and we asked not to be bothered ...so quiet and nice I don't get that much at my mom's place...I guess you can find doula in Bangkok but from what I heard they just give lessons on delivery and work with hospitals (meaning the delivery is still IN the hospital )

I am a certified Birth Doula with Childbirth International. I live in Chiang Mai and have had some great birth experiences up here. I know there are a couple of doulas living in Bangkok, one of them who is qualified with CBI as well.

If you want a non intervention birth having a doula can help this tremendously. Before you actually give birth, the doula can provide answers to all the questions you may have about routine procedures at the hospital, how to manage pain, natural alternatives such as massage, accupressure and aromatherapy and how an active birth can reduce the risks of medical intervention.

Studies show that up to 65% of all births in private hospitals in Thailand are Caesarean Sections. The World Health Organisation advises that no more than 10 - 15% of all births should be C-sections. What is going on here???!!! Some of the benefits of having a doula are: 50% reduction on Caesarean Section

25% shorter labour

60% reduction in epidural requests

40% reduction in syntocinon use

30% reduction in analgesia use

40% reduction in forceps delivery

If anyone is interested in finding out more about how a doula can help you in Thailand, please read the attached document.

Cheers

What_is_a_Doula.doc