Hotel Near Thai Embassy In Kl

Anyone know of a moderately priced (800-1200THB) hotel near the Thai Embassy in KL?

I need Internet access in the room as I'll be working whilst the visa is being processed. Other than that, I'm as easy as an Essex girl on a Friday night.

What time are the visas ready the next day? How long of a drive from that area (City Center me thinks) to the LCC terminal? Would it be feasible to catch the 15:20 Air Asia flight on the same day I pick up the visa?

Any nice dining/entertainment options near by?

Anyone do this run recently? Any recent kerfuffles?

I apologize if I've posted this in the wrong room. If I have, could a mod move it please?

I stayed at the crown princess hotel booked through wired-destinations, more than your budget but it has a cheap food court in the shopping centre in the same building. Walking distance to the embassy. In the morning I got a taxi to take me to the embassy at 12 and straight to the airport and caught the same flight you want. Transfe time to the LCCT about 1 hour.

As for entertainment I woudn't bother it very expensive compared to Thailand, Athougth the Beach Club wasn't bad.

Make sure you check for public holidays

*Anyone know of a moderately priced (800-1200THB) hotel near the Thai Embassy in KL?

*What time are the visas ready the next day?

*How long of a drive from that area to the LCC terminal?

*Any nice dining/entertainment options near by?

* Anyone do this run recently?

*Anyone want to do the work in Google Search for me? :o

Thanks Mike saw that while doing the Google search earlier. Yes it is expensive and I'm not sure the company will spring for that kind of spread. Thank for the other info. The visa/flight timing bit has put my mind at ease.

Big A, that's good stuff mate. I was on Google for about 90 mins this morning. Makes you wonder why these forums even exist. Oh wait...that's right, things change and recent, first-hand info can be much more helpful and truthful than company websites. You'd be amazed how many hotels mention internet service without mentioning the type of connection or if there's a charge for "Internet access". Carry on...

The area where the Thai Embassy is located Jalan Ampang is a rather bleak area

on a main road. I would not worry about the location of your hotel too much as the

taxi service in KL is plentiful and very cheap.

Here's another tip. When you arrive at the KL city transport hub do not take

a taxi from there ... It's a rip off. Just walk a hundred yards down the road and

hail a passing taxi ... for a third of the price :o

Naka.

Edited by naka

As Naka said the area around the embassy is bleak, I would recommend the Bukit Bintang area, plenty of hotels, some hostels, an IT Mall, great restaurants, shopping centres, easy access to the commuter train (like the sky train but not sure if the name there).

The Atm is not in the arrival terminal at the budget airport and you have to walk out to the main departure terminal.

The Federal and the Capital are decent hotels but I dont know about internet access, for your price range you might have to reconsider. There is the Corona Inn for about 1000 a night but no internet access and an older hotel. And the Allison Genesis is a mid priced hotel.

However for 800 baht you will get a private room in a hostel.

A taxi to the embassy costs about 150 baht from this area, they wont use the meter for that journey so don't even try.

The consulate accepts the passports in the morning up until 11:30 or 12:30. The next day pick up is before noon, not sure what time but it makes it possible to catch that flight. However have the taxi wait for you as it might be hard to find one to take you to the airport so negotiate it before.

Make sure you tell the taxi you are flying Air Asia so they can take you to the correct airport.

Place to eat? THere is Neroteca deli. Can walk from the Bukit Bintang area.. http://www.neroteca.com/ look for the office building it is in. There is also a nice Vietnamese restaurant on Tengkat Tong Shin road. This whole area has international cafe's to eat at and not to expensive.

And remember you can't sell your ringet in Thailand.

Good luck.